Fox Business HD Now Live!

bigfame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
outside Atlanta, GA
Fox Business HD is now up and running :)

Attachments

• foxb.jpg
    foxb.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
amazing

I am glad, i got fox news hd yesterday and was in cloud 9 and now watching o reilly in hd for the first time , how great. I got fox business in sd yesterday, now watching in hd after midnte, what a treat. Nowi don't need to watch cnbc hd. Fox business rocks. What an amazing feat duo for dish, i am so excited these are the channels i really wanted

Thank you dish network Fox rocks in hd

I have it too, but only on one of my 622s, just like FOX News HD. I wonder what's going on?

Also, I don't think the live video is in HD. It looks like its an SD picture framed by the information wing on the right and scroll bar on the bottom, a lot like CNBC+ HD and ESPN News. They seem to be just maximizing the screen by putting more information there, rather than putting in a true HD video feed like CNN HD or TWC HD do.

Rats! I didn't have it this morning before I left for work ('bout 6AM EST).

I did a check switch thing at about 5:00 AM and the guide took forever to download after the Check Switch. I think I remember seeing Satellites 110, 119, and 129 on the menu, and I think that I remember it doing that 5 part test thing on 129 TP20. But after the check-switch, the tests, the download of the guide and all of that, still no HD for channel 206 (Fox Biz).

Are they rolling it out region by region, time zone by time zone, or do I need to do something else to pull it in?

Side note: I didn't get to see Fox News in HD until I got home yesterday evening. In another thread someone had commented on Gretchen Carlson's freckled boobs (my wife gave confirmation of that via phone yesterday). What a bummer that today she had on a turtle neck!

I don't have either Foxnews HD or Fox Business HD yet, I have Turbo Gold HD package. Fox News channel 9477 is in red on my guide.

i don't have'd either ;shows red on Fox news and no Fox buisness in Hd, and i have HD platinum

I don't have either Foxnews HD or Fox Business HD yet, I have Turbo Gold HD package. Fox News channel 9477 is in red on my guide.

Ditto. I don't have the right wing wacko channel yet either. I find Fox News very entertaining. What is a "check switch"? Why are many people not getting these channels yet? I have turbo silver. Thanks!

-I'm still waiting for MY bailout.

Ditto. I don't have the right wing wacko channel yet either. I find Fox News very entertaining. What is a "check switch"? Why are many people not getting these channels yet? I have turbo silver. Thanks!

-I'm still waiting for MY bailout.

A "check switch" is basically a test of connectivity to the satellite. I'm sure it tests several things like firm ware versions, latest update to the Guide, various diagnostics, etc. I think the default setting is to auto run every night at 3:00AM local time, but it can be done manually via the menus. If you ever need to update your guide or check this basic stuff then call up the menu and look for things like "Set Up," "Installation," "Point," etc.

Alternatively you can unplug the receiver for about 10 minutes and then plug it in again. It should run automatically at start up.

But do you have the left wing wacko channel MSNBC? Thank you Dish For FoxNews and the opportunity for Free Speech finally in beautiful Hd

But do you have the left wing wacko channel MSNBC? Thank you Dish For FoxNews and the opportunity for Free Speech finally in beautiful Hd

Agreed. Balance is good. AM radio is very unbalanced. Turn on your AM radio in the evening and there will be three or four right wing hate stations broadcasting and zero left wing stations.

Anyone know why some people are not getting these Fox channels yet?

Only difference I see between Fox Business and CNBC is the little graphic of Bush and Cheney salivating when the oil prices are going up... :D

Rats! I didn't have it this morning before I left for work ('bout 6AM EST).

I did a check switch thing at about 5:00 AM and the guide took forever to download after the Check Switch. I think I remember seeing Satellites 110, 119, and 129 on the menu, and I think that I remember it doing that 5 part test thing on 129 TP20. But after the check-switch, the tests, the download of the guide and all of that, still no HD for channel 206 (Fox Biz).

Are they rolling it out region by region, time zone by time zone, or do I need to do something else to pull it in?

Side note: I didn't get to see Fox News in HD until I got home yesterday evening. In another thread someone had commented on Gretchen Carlson's freckled boobs (my wife gave confirmation of that via phone yesterday). What a bummer that today she had on a turtle neck!

Update: My wife reports that this is now available to us via Channel 9476 as well as its mirror at Channel 206. Weird. It must have just switched on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)