Closed Caption on 811

gcoulthurst

Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
The recently loaded 269 software seems to have fixed the disappearing closed caption on my 811 receiver. However I still not getting closed caption on high definition programs on DISCOVERY-HD, HDNET, HDNET-MOVIES, and TNT-HD. Closed caption on ESPN-HD is coming through just fine.

I have phoned Dish Network and E-mailed several times but still haven’t receive sufficient information on this. I am hearing impaired so I depend on closed caption.

Does anyone have good definitive answers for these problems? Thank you in advance for help.

1. Pressing the remote “info” button shows (CC) on some DISCOVERY-HD AND TNT-ND programs. Why doesn’t closed caption appear for these programs? Closed caption appears consistently on (CC) marked ESPN-HD programs thru my 811 receiver.
2. Pressing the remote “info” button shows no (CC) on program HDNET and HDNET-MOVIE programs. Will there closed captions on these channels in the future?
3. Right now it concerns me that I’m only receiving one closed captions on one channel ESPN-HD out of five HD channels from the DISH NETWORK. I am receiving closed captioning on over-the-air HD local networks thru the 811.

Closed captions have not been working on ESPN HD for couple weeks or more on my system. ESPN does not seem to care either as I have personally wrote them using snail mail, and sent numerous email. I get captions on Showtime hd so I know it isn't my tv or the STB.

You don't get captions on the channels you mention because they DON'T have them even though you see the cc in the banner sometimes. I sent HD NET an email and got back a reply that said they were working toward captioning. In my opinion you might see captions on that channel by 2006, same goes for Discovery HD and the others. They don't seem to care!

Lem52

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)