Closed captioning on dish anywhere iOS 9

barryaz1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Scottsdale AZ
I'm out of town and using dish anywhere thru my iPhone. I can't see a way of turning off closed captioning. I tried in iOS settings, and it's not on there. And I'm sure if it were on at home, my wife would already have complained. Thoughts?

I did that before I posted, and they're off. Now what? BTW, it was on different TV sets and via hdmi.
In the Closed Captioning settings within DishAnywhere it says: Closed Captioning for Dish Anywhere can be turned on through iOS setting at Settings>General>Accessibility>Subtitles & Captioning

If you say you have done that not real sure what else it could be. I assume CC was not enabled on the TV itself?

I think I did everything like that. When I get home, I'll check it out from another room and see what the hopper itself is saying in the main room

In the Closed Captioning settings within DishAnywhere it says: Closed Captioning for Dish Anywhere can be turned on through iOS setting at Settings>General>Accessibility>Subtitles & Captioning

If you say you have done that not real sure what else it could be. I assume CC was not enabled on the TV itself?
This works on my iPhone. It does not seem to matter what the CC setting on the receiver is (as I'd expect). Try resetting the phone/iPad if you have not done so already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)