Closed Captioning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
My Wife is hard of hearing and relies on Closed captioning to be able to watch TV. 4 times now since having Dish Network, and I have only had it a week, Closed Captioning has quit working on my 522 and also on my 322. To get it working again I have had to hold the power button in for about ten seconds to reset to receiver. Is this common? If it is Dish Network is just not going to work for us as my wife has to have this and I am not going to go to the trouble of resetting receivers 4 times a week. Any thoughts?

AlaJoe said:
My Wife is hard of hearing and relies on Closed captioning to be able to watch TV. 4 times now since having Dish Network, and I have only had it a week, Closed Captioning has quit working on my 522 and also on my 322. To get it working again I have had to hold the power button in for about ten seconds to reset to receiver. Is this common? If it is Dish Network is just not going to work for us as my wife has to have this and I am not going to go to the trouble of resetting receivers 4 times a week. Any thoughts?

I've had the exact same thing happen to me. It's usually when I pause a show multiple times the CC will die (or maybe it's prolonged pauses?). It requires letting the box reboot overnight, or you can manually do it. I've never had it quit on my 322 that I can remember.

The solution, in my case is not to pause so often. But then again sometimes I can pause as much as I want and it'll still work

I also rely on CC. In the past with my 322s, I did notice that sometimes there was no CC. However, I figured that the program might not have had it as the 322 fed a Philips DVD Recorder with hard drive. I would then later watch the show through a Teleprompter 4000 Decoder connected to my TV (which is too old to have CC). I never figured it was the 322 but it could have been. But because of the way I was watching it, it was too late to see if it was the 322. With my 522, I haven't seen any problems although today I was getting the CC of one channel while watching the recording of another which did not have captioning. It then disappeared.

John :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts