Closed CAptions Dish Network

Little Juniata

Original poster
Sep 26, 2004
Had Direct TV for a long time, I recently switched to Dish Network, the closed captions in a lot of stations are garbeled is this common, I had no trouble with Direct TV: Dish tells me it is my TVs?? Thanks for any and all advice

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

What kind of receiver is it? (Model Number) as there are a few Dish Network receivers that have been known to have problems with Closed Captioning in the past. :)

The CC data is sent over the video signal (in the extra scan lines under what's shown), so if something is wrong with that signal or something screwy is in its path to the TV you'll get garbled CC. You didn't mention the picture quality so I assume the video looks OK. Is there anything connected between the receiver and the TV? What connection(s) have you tried (RF/coax, S-Video, RCA, ...)?

always good to use punctuation helps to distinguish what your question is some people might be confused if you run all of your sentences together it isnt hard to do

The sets were installed less than 6 months ago one is a Recording unit the other two are standard receivers, I will look up the model numbers, Thanks to all for the replys, the Dish guys installed all the stuff

Two receivers are Dish 311 the DVR is DishDVR510 The pictures are great, but they lose signal more than the Direct TV did especially in the rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts