Please reply by conversation.

Joe The Dragon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
new info on there web site
CLTV on
49377758.jpg

As of Thursday , October 1st, Comcast cable customers need digital cable service to watch CLTV. CLTV continues to be available on the same channel numbers on digital cable throughout the Chicago area and Northwest Indiana.
Click here to find the Comcast channel number in your community.
Click here or call 1-866-594-1234 to upgrade to Comcast digital cable, or to add Comcast service.

CLTV on RCN
RCN customers will soon be able to watch CLTV in many Chicago neighborhoods, including East Rogers Park, Edgewater, Andersonville, Wrigleyville, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, River North and Gold Coast, as well as portions of the neighboring suburbs of Lincolnwood and Skokie.
Click here or call 1-800-RING-RCN to learn more about subscribing to RCN.

CLTV on other cable, satellite and video systems
Watch for additional announcements on how you can watch CLTV in Chicagoland, or call your video provider and request CLTV.

49376613.jpg

CLTV is now producing local news in HD out of new facilities at WGN-TV in Chicago. Stay tuned for announcements on how you can watch CLTV in HD in your home, or contact your video provider and request CLTV in HD.

Where To Find CLTV - CLTV

and I e-mailed them asking about it on direct tv and they said they are working on it and to contact direct tv to request it.

since its not a OTA station it cant ask for coverage locally and there is no way they'd put a local news channel on conus

Dont plan on seeing it anytime soon ;)

since its not a OTA station it cant ask for coverage locally and there is no way they'd put a local news channel on conus

Dont plan on seeing it anytime soon ;)
CLTV is a big local news station and it is WGN / Tribune Company owned. And what is stopping them for have it on a spot the RSN used to be there.​

thats about the only way they'd add it.....as a spotbeam

probably when WGN's contract comes up with D then you'll possibly see some movement

99 % of the people have no idea what CLTV is, including me, I've never heard about it and would not want it added to the regular conus programming, there are plenty of other stations that they need to address first.

IF they REALLY wanted to do something worthwhile, they would get WGN in true HD for the D* subs, instead of the garbage they give us now.

agreed

Unless the Cubs have games still on CLTV (I dont think they do anymore) the channel is pretty much useless for most people

agreed

Unless the Cubs have games still on CLTV (I dont think they do anymore) the channel is pretty much useless for most people

Agreed. This channel would be right there with News Channel 12 in New Jersey/New York, which I think is owned by Cablevision, but carried by others.

99 % of the people have no idea what CLTV is, including me, I've never heard about it and would not want it added to the regular conus programming, there are plenty of other stations that they need to address first.

IF they REALLY wanted to do something worthwhile, they would get WGN in true HD for the D* subs, instead of the garbage they give us now.
I have wgn 9 HD on direct tv and CLTV is a big local thing. So put it on the Chicago spot.

Also CSN + and cltv ARE NOT the same thing. comcast just uses it for csn + sd that started back in the analog cable days and that is likely why comcast does not use the csn + HD slot for CLTV HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)