CM7777 Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
I bought the CM7777 Preamp and have decided to try moving my antenna, which I believe is a CM4242, before buying an additional antenna to see how that works first..
Now my antenna is mounted on the wooded side of the house with trees less than 10' from the antenna and the trees have grown above and limbs close to the antenna.. So, I'm hoping with the antenna mounted on the chimney which is about 30' from where it's mounted now and adding the CM7777 I'll pull in some HDTV programming but, if not I'll try the Antennas Direct 91XG...

Anyway, my questions concern the CM7777.. I've read about over loading - what gets over loaded the preamp or your TV tuner.. What actually happens.. Can over loading hurt the preamp or the TV tuner..

I just wanna know what I'm in for before hooking up the CM7777..

Thanks, Brent

Actually both can get overloaded if the signal is strong to begin with, overloading will cause the signal amplitude to be clipped, meaning that your TV tuner will show a strong signal strength but will not be able to display a picture, overloading will not damage the equipment.

To put it in layman's terms is like someone cupping their hand over the phone and yelling. It doesn't damage your phone receiver but you can surely hear the other person you just can't make out what they are saying.

Actually both can get overloaded if the signal is strong to begin with, overloading will cause the signal amplitude to be clipped, meaning that your TV tuner will show a strong signal strength but will not be able to display a picture, overloading will not damage the equipment.

Okay, that's similar to clipping on a stereo amp..

I'm thinking if over loading occurs you could turn the antenna toward the weaker signals and it'll hopefully stop.. Well, I only have two analog channels that are real strong now..

Thanks, Brent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)