CNBC Problems-Am I the Only One Seeing It?

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
I'm trying to watch the Dog Show on CNBC-HD and the picture keeps shifting horizontally, sort of like the top half doesn't align with the bottom.

I noticed this peculiarity last night when I watched the preview show, although it wasn't in HD. Tonight it is in HD and it's go**amn annoying. This isn't happening on CNBC-SD.

Is this just me, just Dish or is it a CNBC-HD problem?

Just annoyed and would like to know.

Thanks.

BTW, I don't normally watch CNBC (SD or HD) so I don't know if this kind of thing is a constant problem or not.

Yep, they are messed up tonight. It appears one half of the screen is one or two frames delayed behind the other, the faster the motion, the more obvious it is.

Looks like the entire dog show from tonight is repeated tomorrow morning on USA. I'll record that one since it's not likely CNBC and/or dish is going to fix this anytime soon.

I noticed it too...I also watched the preview show last night and the same problem was apparent during that..

It's not just the dog show. I noticed it during Squawk Box this morning on CNBC.

Saw the slicing on Mad Money on CNBC. Even saw it in the guide's small box. It looks to be at half height. We have had this happen last week on the NBC HD LIL feed in New Mexico. It was attributed to Dish because some saw nothing on OTA. It was noticeable on sudden motion, probably V and H, returning to normal in a few seconds without a camera swing.

Thought both NM HD LIL and CNBC HD are on 129.
-Ken

Saw the slicing on Mad Money on CNBC. Even saw it in the guide's small box. It looks to be at half height. We have had this happen last week on the NBC HD LIL feed in New Mexico. It was attributed to Dish because some saw nothing on OTA. It was noticeable on sudden motion, probably V and H, returning to normal in a few seconds without a camera swing.

Thought both NM HD LIL and CNBC HD are on 129.
-Ken

It was even appearing on the commericals during the rebroadcast last night around 2am est.:(

i noticed that problem last nite as well. i'm watching the rebroadcast on usa right now. no issues.