Coax 6" jumper supplier

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
I'm looking for an affordable source for very very short RG6 coax jumpers. Back before our area used DPP equipment, I saved EVERY DPP Seperator that came with EVERY dual tuner. (I currently have about 300 DPP seperators. :D) I also saved the little jumpers that came with each one, but they were so useful (mostly in diplexor setups) that I've used up all 600 of them. :( So I'm looking for a source for these jumpers. I'm hoping someone will know where to get them for turbo cheap, because it sure is a pain to make them on-site. Not to mention expensive...

The jumpers that came with the DPP seperators didn't have super high quality fittings, but they were fine for indoors. I hate using up all my high quality lock and seal fittings for stupid 6" jumpers.

Does anyone know where I can find these little cheap suckers by the hundreds?

Any chance of making them up ahead of time? I will make you whatever you need for .75 each plus shipping.

Heheh, thanks for the offer, but my cost is about $.50 per jumper if I make them. I could probably get it down to about $.25 if I made them with a lower quality fitting... I was kinda hoping for something even lower than that. :D

Heck, I had them for FREE before... It's hard to pay for something that I've been using for free for so long.

Where the heck are you buying your fittings at? Like you said, the fittings don't have to be all that awesome. A bag of 50 hex-crimp fittings are what...$7 or $8 on EBay (about 15 cents/fitting)? Even cheaper by the case of 1000.

It sounds nerdy as all f'ing hell, but I usually sit down in the garage, grab a beer or two and spend an hour cutting/crimping jumpers.

Ya kinda sound like me.. I can make em for next to nothing.. But would almost rather pay for a bunch of them because of the time wasted.. However note that I said almost. I still sit and make them.. Dish still provides them with every receiver.. DirecTV quit supplying them at all with their receivers. They got cheap on me..

Where the heck are you buying your fittings at? Like you said, the fittings don't have to be all that awesome. A bag of 50 hex-crimp fittings are what...$7 or $8 on EBay (about 15 cents/fitting)? Even cheaper by the case of 1000.

It sounds nerdy as all f'ing hell, but I usually sit down in the garage, grab a beer or two and spend an hour cutting/crimping jumpers.

Through my wholesaler I could probably get those hex crimp type for about $0.10 a pop. But they are not recommended for exterior use, and I can see why. But they don't have to be exterior rated for what I'm doing. I'm getting married soon so maybe I'll just wait till then and give my wife 1000 hex crimp fittings and a box of cable. :D

Through my wholesaler I could probably get those hex crimp type for about $0.10 a pop. But they are not recommended for exterior use, and I can see why. But they don't have to be exterior rated for what I'm doing. I'm getting married soon so maybe I'll just wait till then and give my wife 1000 hex crimp fittings and a box of cable. :D
How short a marriage are you looking for?:) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)