Colleg Football RED ZONE Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
Has anyone had the chance to watch the new ESPN Red Zone like channel ? I know it has very limited availability,but just wondering if it was as good as NFL version. Are only ABC/ESPN games covered ? If it is any good, I hope that Directv picks it up.

It's advertised all the time on ESPN. Stuart Scott is one of the hosts.At present, they only list 3 providers who offer it.

I think its called ESPN Goal line...edit: yep it is
and they show all games (the commercial even shows a CBS feed in it)

Right now its on Time Warner, Bright House and Fios

I would welcome it, but I don't see the need right now to be honest. It seems like every game that matters is already on TV or espn3

Right now its on Time Warner, Bright House and Fios

Interesting. I never looked into it because I assumed it was another espn3 situation (ream the internet providers in order to offer it to customers, regardless if the customers were willing to pay a sub fee if their internet provider doesn't have it).

ESPN Goal Line is awesome. Time Warner launched it in my area the day after they signed the new contract with Disney. It's very much like the RedZone channel, obviously the focus more of the bigger schools, but it's a nice channel to have. ESPN Goal Line is only offered in HD, there is no SD version of it at all and when it comes time for NCAA hoops the channel will become ESPN Buzzer Beater. IMO, the overall presentation on RedZone channel is better, but what ESPN does is pretty damn good in its own regard. They bounce around between all the major games just not those on the ESPN family of channels, probably a contract issue, but I have yet to see anything from Big Ten Network on there.

I've been enjoying ESPN U HD on cable for over two years now. TW started carrying it less than a month after it launched. Unfortunately being in HD it just really shows how bad my Bufflao Bulls are (they usually get 2 or 3 games on there a year) as you all probably saw last night when they played Ball State. Maybe I should go back to following and rooting for Ohio State. I doubt UB will ever have a season like they had two years ago anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts