College Basketball - #1 vs #2

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
The polls came out today and it's official, on February 23rd #2 Tennessee with travel across the state to Memphis to take on the #1 ranked and undefeated Tigers in the first #1 vs #2 matchup this season. This should be an excellent game.

Both teams could argue that they have the best backcourt in the nation. Memphis is led by guards Chris Douglas-Roberts (17.5 ppg) and sensational freshman Derrick Rose (13.6 ppg). Tennessee's senior leaders Chris Lofton (15.5 ppg) and JaJuan Smith (14.4 ppg) are lethal from behind the arc.

I may be a little biased since both teams are in my home state, but I think this is a must-see game for any college basketball fan.

Memphis should have gone down at UAB Saturday night. May have been looking ahead. Hard to believe the tigers would be undefeated in a better league.

Bruce Pearl was outstanding at UW-Milwaukee. He took that program to the dance.
You guys got a great coach.
DU_Tennessee_logo.jpg

ESPN 9:00PM Eastern

No Question that Bruce is a heck of a coach. I'm getting pretty fired up!!! Let's go Vols!!!!

It's over! There will be a new #1 team next week when the polls come out as Tennessee takes down Memphis on an epic night. One thing is for sure. Both teams are capable of winning it all.

Vanderbilt are giant killers! 6 - 3 against #1 rated teams on their home court.

Didn't they say 5 in a row against #1. No wonder, their floor layout sucks. The NCAA should step in and do something about it in my opinion.

Didn't they say 5 in a row against #1. No wonder, their floor layout sucks. The NCAA should step in and do something about it in my opinion.
Yeah, it blows. Bruce Pearl was trying to yell at his team not to foul in the final minute, but he was at THE OTHER END OF THE COURT. Shan Foster is the man, though. When he's shooting like that the 'dores won't lose many. Hats off to Tennessee for scraping, too. They just lost their legs down the stretch. I don't think there is a team in the country that can win at Memphis and at Vanderbilt with only one day off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)