College Basketball on Sinclair "GetTV" affiliates

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Now this may not be new for some markets that carry the football games on Sinclair owned subchannels. But I see that Sinclair is going to pre-empt some GetTv programming for college basketball almost across the board.

This is from the Sinclair own/run "American Sports Network".

Friday night they had the FAU/Elon game and Sunday they will carry the Charlotte/Elon game. The pdf has the affiliates carrying it. I noticed zap2it nor the Tivo listings online have the game listed (at least on Minneapolis they didn't)

Note....if your GetTv affiliate is not on a Sinclair owned station this WILL NOT affect you
and yes there are some non Sinclair affiliates carrying it.

Attachments

• TVClearances_1110_1116.pdf
    537.1 KB · Views: 236
next week the games are Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (all at 7 Central) and Sunday (4PM)

Tuesday
Richmond/Old Dominion

Thursday
Florida Atlantic/Harvard

Friday
Morehead State/La Tech

Sunday
Presbyterian/La Tech

looking at press release on ODU website it looks like GetTV will carry the game on Tuesday

Attachments

• 11_18_Richmond_ODU.pdf
    221.3 KB · Views: 194
WUCW CW23 has the ACC game of the week at 11:30 and lately they have been showing the ASN games joined in progress.
I guess because the basketball games are at 7 they can't pre-empt the CW programming so using GetTV works out

(I know some of the ASN produced football games are on subchannels too)

list of affiliates for Thursday's game

Attachments

• ASN_Affiliate_Clearances_-_Nov_20(1).pdf
    47 KB · Views: 276
so I see via zap2it that they finally have the listings for the ASN games on GetTV (my affiliate of WUCW-DT2). However its goofed up. They have the right start times but the end times they just put whenever the next movie starts. So as example they have a listing next week of 7PM-11:10PM.

Hopefully they fix that and set it for maybe 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours.

I dont think they dd the football games this year.
They did do the basketball games last year. Havent read of any yet this year

seems like its a crap shoot on if you will get the whole game, part of the game or no game

Looks like some areas (Minneapolis being one) they sometimes wait until the movie is done then join the game in progress. So some nights you may get the last 10 minutes (game time) of the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts