College Football In 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bobby

Publican
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Northern Illinois at Nebraska at 12 EDT on channel 540! Yes, Dish is showing its first college football game in 4K!!! All you need is a Hopper 3 and a 4K TV

Reactions: buist
That is awesome. I live on the west coast so will be out running errands in the morning at 9am but am going to DVR it and get home to watch it at half time.
I was getting a little irritated because I know Directv has a bunch of sports on a 4K channel: Upcoming Events in 4K
And also, up in Canada, I know on Rogers and Bell they have Blue Jays games, maybe some hockey, and for sure... get this one... CFL games on in 4K. Canadian Football League games broadcast in 4K. Wrap your head around that one.

I don't think that it is all up to Dish. Most of the work has to fall on the broadcasters. Not to many 4K capable broadcast trucks in the USA.

DirecTV has the Nebraska game scheduled this week and Oklahoma next week. We'll see if Dish carries the Oklahoma game next week. It's not on the guide yet.

This game is looking pretty good. It is also showing on FS1 which looks pretty good to at 1080i but not as clean as 540. An added bonus, no commercials!!!!

The game was on FS1 which is the America 200 package. The previous 4K events were in the America 120 package. I am just guessing that they might have required you to have a t least the 200 package and maybe even the sports package.

The game was on FS1 which is the America 200 package. The previous 4K events were in the America 120 package. I am just guessing that they might have required you to have a t least the 200 package and maybe even the sports package.
Yea that's what i was thinking. Oh well just wanted to take a peek

This game is looking pretty good. It is also showing on FS1 which looks pretty good to at 1080i but not as clean as 540. An added bonus, no commercials!!!!
Yeah, it looked good. I really could tell the difference in the sharpness of the score graphic on the bottom as well as the graphics in general. Also the colors really popped, like the red on Nebraska. I hope they do more of this. Haven't had a chance to see if 540 has another game listed for Saturday.

Yeah, it looked good. I really could tell the difference in the sharpness of the score graphic on the bottom as well as the graphics in general. Also the colors really popped, like the red on Nebraska. I hope they do more of this. Haven't had a chance to see if 540 has another game listed for Saturday.
Oklahoma at Baylor scheduled at 6:30PM EDT.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)