Colorado Voomers

Seams we lost our mapping on channel 2. I did a rescan of OTA and was able to get 2.2 to lock in and stay.
Channel 2 is receiving great on my DTV.

This channel 2 thing is annoying. I've tried re-scanning and manual scanning. The manual scan for RF34 comes in with a signal strength of 97, but it doesn't add channel 2 to the scanned list. Now it has also dropped channel 2 from the program guide. Before the latest software download, we received channels 2-1 and 2-2, and now we don't get either one. I'm a little reluctant to start re-pointing the antenna, but that would be the next logical step.

And poop on NBC for only allowing channel 9 for Olympic coverage. I feel sorry for people who want to watch, but can't get 9 through OTA.

Don't bother reaming your antenna. I did & got a 99 signal stength on manual tunning. It still would not lock on to 2.1 or 2.2. No matter what I've done I can't get 2. I guess the next step is to e-mail Wilt.:mad:

What does VOOM have to say about no channel 2?

I haven't called VOOM yet about losing my channels 2.1 and 2.2 - has anyone called them? What did they say?

After 1 week

Got my pixelization problem fixed. You all probably know that it was caused by going from 6.0 to 6.10. I also have lost 2.2 and2.2 which only leaves me with one current OTA channel. I didn't even realize we have moved on to 6.2

Stone Man; I called about my OTA reception and the CSR Immediately set me up for an antenna upgrade for 8/17. Got a call from the installers and they tried to discourage me from the Winegard antenna you recommended.
They eve tried to discourage me from an upgrade by saying "most of our Voom customers were happy with what they have". I wonder what will happen tomorrow?
I WANT MY OTA!!!! Would have been nice to see the finish of the PGA.
Very bummed about the Olympics situation.

mac--installers will bring what they think will work in your particular situation. If they don't like the Winegard, maybe they will bring a Channel Master whatever---but it's obvious your current antenna can't handle OTA very well.

OK, so I was wrong about the update. I can't find a smilie for shame.:( Dave Martinez sent this out just a little while ago from channel 2. Every one should be getting 2.1 now.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]"Just when you thought it was safe to tune to 2-1, it disappears. Sorry about that!! We had a problem over the weekend with our PSIP table. More specific, we lost our PAT and PMT tables as well as VCT. Without these tables, some receivers will have a problem while others will not. After rebooting our computers, hapiness was restored this morning. You may also note that we have removed 2-2 from our data stream as this was designated for SAP but we have since incorporated SAP into our main 2-1 channel."

Enjoy!

Dave Martinez
Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
KWGN-TV
2-0,2-1
[/font]

Yup. 2.1 is now restored. Every time this has happened in the past, it's been something local. Couch Patato - there is no shame here. It turns out it was a coincidence that we got an unexpected software download on the same weekend.

If people got shamed here--I would have been gone long ago.

Angie is Back!!!

I was happily surprised that 2-1 is back on the air this morning. Of course Angie Austin would have the day off!!! LOL

Anyway, the explanation from Couch Potato helped too.

Have a great day all!

I just found this forum. I'm In Fort Collins, and i get a signal strength af 78-80 on 4,7,9 so I cannot get a lock. I've got the amp'd ChannelMaster. Anyone have any better luck up here.

I really wanted this setup for HD football, then the Broncos pre-season was blacked out on NFL net and not broadcast on the ABC out of Chey.

Any antenna help would be appreciated.

Anyone try adding another amp to the line?

bnorming said:

Welcome Bob the Builder!!!

I am not an installer, but one thing that I do know, is that amplifiers are tricky business - keep in mind that they amplify the BAD stuff as well as the GOOD stuff, so adding another probably isn't the way to go.

You should be able to contact VOOM and complain that you aren't getting OTA's very well. I've read in this forum that they are pretty good about scheduling another tech with another antenna to come out to your place to install.

bnorming said:
I just found this forum. I'm In Fort Collins, and i get a signal strength af 78-80 on 4,7,9 so I cannot get a lock. I've got the amp'd ChannelMaster. Anyone have any better luck up here.

I really wanted this setup for HD football, then the Broncos pre-season was blacked out on NFL net and not broadcast on the ABC out of Chey.

Any antenna help would be appreciated.

I am off Taft in Loveland. I got my OTA antenna from Voom, but am back to D*. Anyway ... It is the equivalent for the Winegard PR-8800, it is a square rooftop mount. Forget 7 (ABC) that will never happen, well never say never. You (I) can get from Loveland 2, 4(iffy), 6(iffy), 9, and 31 fairly easily. Are you certain that Cheyenne has not rights? I thought they were local as far as the NFL is concerned.

Anyway, despite all my rambling, PM me if you want so OTA help, I am getting pretty good in our area.

Well, so much for watching Voom today! I lost the signal around 3:30 or so & have not gotten it back yet. I'm In south Lakewood & the rain has not been that heavy at all here. I've lost it about 4 times in the last month do to rain but only for about 15 minutes at a time. I do realize the sat is allot lower than what E* & D* use but it should still be OK with the amount of rain I've been getting here. My Mom lives just a few blocks from here & has E*. They have not lost it once today! I sure hope Voom comes out with the larger dish this fall or I'm gona have to go back to E*.

We had lots of breakups. I got home at about 5:45 and Voom was breaking up--no loss of signal, but unwatchable due to breaking up. Switched to OTA and watched Olympic stuff. It makes me wonder about the satellite locations for D* and E*, since they are higher in elevation than V*. They probably ARE a little more reliable in bad weather, so I'm looking forward to the bigger dish too. I wish Voom would tell us about when we could expect to see them, and how they are going to be installed. I sure hope they ship to the user instead of requiring 'professional installation'.

Anybody with D* have loss of signal or breakups?

I also had a lot of breakups from voom last night. OTA channels didn't seam to miss a beat. No loss from D*.

Am i in the understanding that no Broncos games will be in HD this year unless they Play on Monday Night Football or ESPN? Also with the possibility of the FSN rollouts we still won't get to see the avalanch in HD cause of that new channel right? Also 2-1, and 2-2 i only can get them if i go to the install menu and scan for over the air channels after i do that i can get them, when i put the reciever in standby and turn it back on i lose them, anyone else having this problem? and i want 7 :p but i don't know if i can put a larger antenna on my roof, hmmmm

As far as 2.2 goes this is what we got from Dave Martinez on the 16th of this month.

OK, so I was wrong about the update. I can't find a smilie for shame. Dave Martinez sent this out just a little while ago from channel 2. Every one should be getting 2.1 now.

"Just when you thought it was safe to tune to 2-1, it disappears. Sorry about that!! We had a problem over the weekend with our PSIP table. More specific, we lost our PAT and PMT tables as well as VCT. Without these tables, some receivers will have a problem while others will not. After rebooting our computers, hapiness was restored this morning. You may also note that we have removed 2-2 from our data stream as this was designated for SAP but we have since incorporated SAP into our main 2-1 channel."

Enjoy!

Dave Martinez
Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
KWGN-TV
2-0,2-1

But its the 24th now and mine still doesn't work and i assume that they have fixed that problem am I not doing something? Maybe i'll give them an e-mail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts