Colorado Voomers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I will. Thanks Stone man. To add insult to injury: They had a free 921 deal going on at one point. I almost went for it at the time.

Do you think Voom really adds alot with it's Cinema channels? I currently get the folowing from Adelphia for a minimal extra cost: Inhd1, Inhd2, CBS, FOX, ESPNHD, Discovery HD Theater, HDnet, HDnet movies, and I'm sure I'll get the other locals at no extra charge when they begin broadcasting in HD. The Cinema channels seem to run B-grade or older movies that really don't suit my fancy.

Well.....honestly, the Cinema channels leave a lot to be desired. They show some good movies from time to time, but there are a lot of repeats, and you're right--definitely grade-B most of the time. MonstersHD is popular, and I've gotten to the point where I really like the RaveHD channel. I've never seen the Inhd's or the HDnet channels, but the Adelphia choices seem intriguing. I just have a hard time with thinking about cable.

Sorry if his has already been covered: what type of OTA antenna is included with the Zoom install? Anybody within a few miles E of KMGH studios able to pull in signal with the Voom-installed antenna?

My installation was in January 2004, and the original OTA was a Stealthtenna. I don't think that Voom is still installing that type of antenna. I was able to get the major networks with that antenna, but could not get channel 7. Voom came back and replaced the original antenna with an 8 bay antenna from Winegard, and now I get all local channels just fine.

Bottom line is that Voom will attempt to get the right antenna in the right place, and will come back to upgrade you if it's necessary.

Looks like our Colorado Voomers thread is falling into the trash heap too. I'd like to know if either D* or E* will come up with any special incentives for us to switch, but I doubt it. If they don't do any incentive, they are still likely to get at least one third of Voom's current customers when Voom turns out the lights.

Good luck to everyone who is still here. To quote Jerry Garcia, "what a long strange trip it's been."

Well, as of this morning, most of my VOOM is still on!!! :D

However, I cannot get 2-1 WB2. I rescanned and still no Angie Austin :no

I had similar problems last week and then it came back.

My guess is the problem is at the station.

Anyone know anything more?

It is local. It has happened on channel 2 from time to time, and it is always because of something the station is doing. Channel 2-1 and 2-2 will re-appear within a couple of days.

VOOM Lives On!!!

I trust that those VOOMers here also read the main VOOM forum on SatGuys, but if not, it has been announced by CableVision that Charles Dolan and son Tom Dolan (but not son James Dolan) are buying the remaining VOOM assets and intend to keep the business alive.

It is not clear yet what satellite(s) they will transmit from - there is the possibility that we will have to get new dishes and / or re-point the current ones. Most likely we will have to get new 30" dishes - round or eliptical, it's not yet determined - but that should be at VOOM's cost.

The new HD channels? We'll have to wait and see.

The HD-PVR? We'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, enjoy the best HD and picture quality available!!!!

Super DMA Rollout

According to the main VOOM forum here on SatGuys, Colorado Springs and Pueblo get the new super DMA mapping before Denver - heck, Denver isn't even shown on the schedule.

PUEBLO???? I don't think anyone in Pueblo even owns an HDTV!!!

Oh well!! :(

Nope - I'm still here as well

... although I have downsized from 4 VOOM receivers to 2 (I still have 4 Echostar receivers) .

The VOOM side of the house has been problematic - I had a receiver on the big screen in the loft that decided it didn't want to authorize anymore. Voom just replaced both of my remaining receivers with supposedly newer models.

I have been hanging on because of the promise of up to 70 HD stations, but I don't see it happening as committed.

I'm waiting to see what becomes of the VOOM assets, adn have strongly been considering swinging to DirecTV - although they don't have any more HD than Dish at the moment.

Also - I know that the Dish HD PVR (921) had a lot of problems, and they cut the price by half not too long ago. A review I read in Sound and Vision said that they thought very highly of the DirecTV HD PVR, so I'm keeping my eyes and options open.

Any thoughts on whether DirecTV would be a better option than Dish going forward would be welcome! Also, any thoughts on whether the VOOM commitment for 70 HD channels will be met would be welcome as well. I have no illusions about their DVR ever making it to market.

Pete

Hey I still check in to see how you guys are doing. I am still thinking about trying voom again but I am waiting for the dust to settle past March 31.
How is your reception doing since going to the harmonic encoders?

Hey plyall
I have been using D* since they started. No experence with E*. I have the HD DVR and 2 reg tivo's. I must say I really enjoy the HD DVR. Time shifting HD is great. D* service, channels, support has always been great for me. I tried voom last year for about 6 months as an addition for my HD needs. No DVR, and budgeting my tv spending is why I left. I am now again wanting more HD content so I am looking at voom again, but will wait to see what happens at the end of the month.
D* has big plans fo the future for us. The home media servers and client boxs are coming soon. They are telling us more HD content to come along with our locals in HD ( I cannot get channel 7 with there coathanger transmitting antenna but I receive all the other locals great). If you can wait I think you will see some great first timer deals coming in summer or just before NFL starts. Good luck on whatever choice you make.

Good to see you 'boys' are still active. I'm with plyall--leaning toward D*. I've got serious doubts about 'vooming' any time past 3/31, especially since Malone came out with his latest statement. True, they have added some channels this month, but none of them were HD channels. Adding HD to total to 70 seems pretty far-fetched, and the DVR appears to be an illusion also.

And to answer x1hdtv, I have not noticed a big difference with reception since the new harmonic encoders came into use.

The Stone Man said:
. . . I've got serious doubts about 'vooming' any time past 3/31, especially since Malone came out with his latest statement.

Still have doubts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)