Columbia, SC HD Local Channels 61.5

Oceangrace24

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
Lexington, SC
I have a dish 1000 getting 110, 119 and 129.
The Columbia HD Locals were recently added and placed on 61.5.
Since I am not a new customer and can't get the eastern arc at this time,
I need an additional dish to pick up my local HD channels

I went with a local installer last year when I got my dish setup installed.

Can I call either the local installer or Dish directly and get them to install the needed extra dish to pick up the local HD channels?

What, if any, does Dish charge to put up a second dish?

I'm pretty sure (you can play CSR roulette) that Dish will provide the wing dish for locals for free. One work around to get the arc I've heard is to cancel and open a new acct in your spouse's name.

I would call Dish and if any hassle, just call any installer. I added 61.5 for $100. I could not call Dish because I have "moved"

I contacted Dish via live chat and got an install scheduled for this sunday.
It is $59.99 without a commitment and free with a 24 month commitment.
I am already under contract until next May, so I went ahead and went with the free install and 24 month commitment. The 24 months were not an extension of the original term, but overlapping.
I am not going anywhere, so it was worth it.

Columbia has locals in HD and I read on another thread a while back that Myrtle Beach had them (Myrtle Beach did not even have a local station until the middle of Aug.).

Does anyone know when Charleston might get locals in HD? I live in St. George, SC and I am only about 10 miles closer to Charleston than I am Columbia, but Charleston is our designated locals. I have been putting off buying a new TV because I did not want to have to put up an OTA for locals in HD, but I sure would like to be able to watch the new season in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)