Combine OTA signal(in) with 522 TV2 out on a single cable

jeff924

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
I will have dish installed on next monday. One of the receivers is 522. I currently have 3 connections at the location of 522. Two of them from external wall (previous directv installation), and I will use them as the dual satellite feeds. The third connection is the existing cable wiring inside house, so I can use it to backfeed the TV2 output of 522 to the entire house. My question is can I use the same cable wiring of the third connection to feed the antenna signal to 522? Is it possible to combine incoming antenna signal with the output of TV2 of 522 on a single cable?

Thanks a lot

Jeff

Another installation question

One of my receiver is 811, but I only have one cable wiring at the location. I know you can use diplexer to combine the TV2 output from 522 with satellite signal. But I also need to send the signal from a antenna (for local channels) to the same tv too, can I use the same diplexer to combine the satellite signal, TV2 output from 522 (in other room) and antenna signal all together?

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes. Use a combiner to combine the antenna and TV2 output before you distribute it to the household. When you setup the 522, the TV2 output should be set to air and to an over the air channel that is not used in your area.

I thought about doing this and dropping the dish locals to save some money but keep in mind that the 522 will not record from the antenna.

use a combiner with the TV2 and antenna signal and then diplex that with the satellite signal.

Note that you must NOT put the TV2 output on a cable that goes to an OTA antenna without the proper hardware to prevent the TV2 signal from being broadcast via the OTA antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)