Combine rf channel 3 with ota and satellite

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
I would like to know if it is possible to combine an ota signal with an rf channel 3 signal from my vcr together with a 2-way splitter. I have attached a diagram that will make it easier to understand.

Attachments

• diagram.JPG
    diagram.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 360
kdarcangelis870 said:
I would like to know if it is possible to combine an ota signal with an rf channel 3 signal from my vcr together with a 2-way splitter. I have attached a diagram that will make it easier to understand.
If you just talking about the VCR only for OTA signal, then after the diplexer, you can split the OTA signal to two source.

FRom what you talk and drawing, it is not going to work.

Yes, I want to combine the ota signal and vcr signal onto one line, then into a diplexor. But I guess it will not work because of the rf interference.

Where your splitter is on the left (to combine the antenna and the VCR), use one of these

http://www.skydeals.us/signal.htm

I use one to combine my OTA antenna and a satellite reciever and pipe it to another room. WHen you turn to 3 (or 4 depending on model) you get the VCR. The other chanenls are the antenna :)

Iceberg said:
Where your splitter is on the left (to combine the antenna and the VCR), use one of these

http://www.skydeals.us/signal.htm

I use one to combine my OTA antenna and a satellite reciever and pipe it to another room. WHen you turn to 3 (or 4 depending on model) you get the VCR. The other chanenls are the antenna :)

Thanks. I'll try to get ahold of one of these and try it out.

Don't waste your money on SC4 or SC3's just use spliter backward. Try that first then if you're not happy with the picture then go with SC4/3 deal.
They're BASICALLY spliter backward. Advantage of those is they have circuit and adjustments to sperate the channel better.

ZawNH-VT said:
Don't waste your money on SC4 or SC3's just use spliter backward. Try that first then if you're not happy with the picture then go with SC4/3 deal.
They're BASICALLY spliter backward. Advantage of those is they have circuit and adjustments to sperate the channel better.

That don't work...been there tried that

The Signal combiner was cleaner for me. If I used a splitter backwards, the picture looked like crap and there were lines in the picture

Iceberg is right, tried it also did not work.

You need the combiner so it can cleanly seperate the channels. Channel 3 and 4 will bled over otherwise and cause interference with out the black box combiner.

I tried the splitter deal, but it did not work very well for me. I set the vcr to channel 4 (channel 3 is in use on the ota) and the vcr came in very well, but the analog ota came in fuzzy on most channels and the digital ota did not come in at all. I guess I will have to use one of those combiners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)