Xfinity dropped WB and subchannels

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
Comcast has removed WPIX, Court TV and Antenna TV as of a few days ago! Fortunately I can pull in Antenna TV via OTA antenna in Western CT thanks to WTIC Fox61 61.2
Hoping they return them !

Thread titles like this are misleading. Most of us still have the CW. they dropped certain stations and one of them is WPIX which is the CW station in nY but we are not all deprived of that network.

Did Comcast resolve their dispute with Nexstar, they haven't gone dark yet.
Yes.

Oh how I wish CBS would sell their share of The CW, so they could change the network's name back to The WB...
CW has already been sold off to Nexstar and the plan is to cancel all their scripted programming and just put up cheap programming, they have already been canceling the majority of older series and stopping production on their new series, for example, that is why The Winchesters only had 13 episodes this year, supposed to be 22.

25E82934-9880-4F31-A14D-D682588E058B.jpeg

CW has already been sold off to Nexstar and the plan is to cancel all their scripted programming and just put up cheap programming, they have already been canceling the majority of older series and stopping production on their new series, for example, that is why The Winchesters only had 13 episodes this year, supposed to be 22.

View attachment 160249
I guess they should just rename it "Nexstar TV," since that what it's basically going to be at this point...

I think The WB would be better off coming back as a streaming service, it would be great if they decide on that for a new name for CW Seed, since The CW will dissolve as a brand under Nexstar's ownership...
Based on how well the HBO/Warner/Discovery thing seems to be going, I caution you not to get your hopes up.

The Chief Financial Officer's perspective on the new business plan probably doesn't have much to do with how well other departments execute those plans.