Xfinity Wi-Fi self install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I went to the Xfinity store to pick up a Wi-Fi router box from them because I signed up and got a deal where they include their router/ modem included free for 2 years. Now here lies the problem, the employee proceeds to tell me that all I need to do is go home and follow the self install instructions . He says just to plug in the existing cable that’s in the wall and plug that into the Xfinity router and plug the power cable in and follow the activation instructions.

So in the instructions it says to unplug the current service box which is wow . I do all of this and i can find the network on my devices but it’s pulling up a wow activation page on the browser . I don’t understand why it’s a self install if they’re telling me a tech doesn’t need to come out . Does a tech need to come out or is there a step I’m not doing right ?

I went to the Xfinity store to pick up a Wi-Fi router box from them because I signed up and got a deal where they include their router/ modem included free for 2 years. Now here lies the problem, the employee proceeds to tell me that all I need to do is go home and follow the self install instructions . He says just to plug in the existing cable that’s in the wall and plug that into the Xfinity router and plug the power cable in and follow the activation instructions.

So in the instructions it says to unplug the current service box which is wow . I do all of this and i can find the network on my devices but it’s pulling up a wow activation page on the browser . I don’t understand why it’s a self install if they’re telling me a tech doesn’t need to come out . Does a tech need to come out or is there a step I’m not doing right ?
If you had Wide Open West before, you need a truck roll to switch over to xfinity.

You can't receive Xfinity service over a cable that is connected to the WOW network.

Comcast will have to send someone out to connect your home to Comcast's network (assuming they serve your address).

If you want to maintain service from both WOW and Xfinity, Comcast will have to run a second cable into your home.