Combining Dish 1000 and additional dish

Scomikey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Scooba/Northport
IM not even sure I would need to do this, and dont understand a lot of things yet, but im just trying to learn. With the 1000 I would have 110,119,129. If I became eligable for cbs-hd, I would need a dish 500 i believe and what switch, a dpp 44 or just a dpp 21, The 1000 seems to have a switch built inside the twin lnb. What else is on 148 or 61.5 besides Voom and Internationals, I saw another HBO, Discovery, and Showtime on lyngsat.

Just trying to learn and know what i need
Thanks
*Edit, this will only be connected to a single 811 receiver, and at max maybe a single regular sd receiver in future.

Scomikey said:
IM not even sure I would need to do this, and dont understand a lot of things yet, but im just trying to learn. With the 1000 I would have 110,119,129. If I became eligable for cbs-hd, I would need a dish 500 i believe and what switch, a dpp 44 or just a dpp 21, The 1000 seems to have a switch built inside the twin lnb. What else is on 148 or 61.5 besides Voom and Internationals, I saw another HBO, Discovery, and Showtime on lyngsat.

Just trying to learn and know what i need
Thanks
*Edit, this will only be connected to a single 811 receiver, and at max maybe a single regular sd receiver in future.
The dish1000 is a dish500 with an extra LNB for 129 thus a little bigger. If you want CBS-HD you would need 61.5 or 148 (depending if you want east or west). I believe the dish1000 has a DP21 which means you'll need a DP34. If I'm wrong and the dish1000 already has a DP34 then you'll need the DPP44.

Now their could be a problem (channel conflict) if you have a dish1000 and 61.5 because the Voom channels share the same channel numbers. I imagine dish doesn't expect people to have both of those sat positions. Maybe they might mirror CBS-HD (east) to 129 so you wouldn't need the extra dish (but that's just speculation, nobody mentioned that was happening).

You can still run into a tricky situation if you want 105 or 121 (for locals or internationals) because a 30-36 inch standalone dish would be need to added to your dish1000. Let's pray you don't also need 148 because dish hasn't addressed 5 sats yet.

jergenf said:
Now their could be a problem (channel conflict) if you have a dish1000 and 61.5 because the Voom channels share the same channel numbers. I imagine dish doesn't expect people to have both of those sat positions. Maybe they might mirror CBS-HD (east) to 129 so you wouldn't need the extra dish (but that's just speculation, nobody mentioned that was happening).

Ok lets clarify things first... (THERE IS NO CBS ON 129) yet... (westcoast DNS (abc,nbc,fox,cbs) is there testing in mpg4 glory and mpg2 but Not avaible to subs. What does that mean to an average joe. It means that you wont be able to recive these channels untill dish flipps the switch and uplinks eastcoast dns to 61.5.

You will need a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch! to beable to recive 110/119/129 and the wing slot. (dish 1000 with a dish 500 pointed at a single orbital location using an I bracket and a DP Dual) you have two options depending where you live 61.5 or 148

61.5 is for east coast and 148 is west coast. A dpp 44 swtich will cost you around 200 bucks installed with the 2nd dish if you decide to go that route. or you can ebay it and try to get a good price on a dish and dpp44 switch and install yourself. (best bet would be to call dish and have a technition do the upgrade)

Also as far as recivers getting confuzed about 61.5 and 129 with voom.. (not true) I have had a 942 hooked up in this fashion sence 129 lit up.. (Im the one who broak the Superdish Mad Scientest thread with a 121 superdish and 129 on it) and have yet to have any type of reciver confuzion. the reciver just decides witch one it wants to use.. sometimes is 61.5 and other times its 129. :) I havent heard others with any issues either with other recivers. Hope this helps :) :rolleyes:

Well thanks for the help, I think I understand more now, I already have the dish 1000, if I wanted to recieve 61.5 (im on mississippi/alabama border, thus east) I would need the dish 500 and a dish pro 44 switch. And what im getting at now is their anything else on 61.5 besides CBS-HD?
Im not even sure i would be eligable, so i might wait on that.

Hi all! for those of you looking to help rammy with his dish 1000 problems i have split the thread. the link to that thread is here http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=109685 Thanks for being a satguys memeber! :)

Oh and welcome to the fourm :) scomikey!

Other than cbs hd there is a free hd demo channel on 61.5 that displayes old discovery hd demos during the day and Fishieys at night with various hotel sponcers in the lower right corner. Kindof cool for a screensaver.

Scomikey said:
And what im getting at now is their anything else on 61.5 besides CBS-HD?
Im not even sure i would be eligable, so i might wait on that.
On 61.5 are:
some Public Interest chans
Sky Angel (religious chans)
Demo-HD and CBS-HD (east)
Voom HD chans
one Foreign PPV chan
some International chans
various Locals chans

goaliebob99 said:
Ok lets clarify things first... (THERE IS NO CBS ON 129) yet... (westcoast DNS (abc,nbc,fox,cbs) is there testing in mpg4 glory and mpg2 but Not avaible to subs. What does that mean to an average joe. It means that you wont be able to recive these channels untill dish flipps the switch and uplinks eastcoast dns to 61.5.
Although there's no CBS-HD on 129 I thought it would be a good idea to mirror it on 129 so that people wouldn't need 61.5 or 148 just for one channel. I also invisioned them adding other HD networks (NBC, ABC and Fox) for both NYC and LA there as well (simular to what DirecTV is doing).

goaliebob99 said:
You will need a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch! to beable to recive 110/119/129 and the wing slot. (dish 1000 with a dish 500 pointed at a single orbital location using an I bracket and a DP Dual) you have two options depending where you live 61.5 or 148
I guess that confirms that a dish1000 normally has the DP34 switch (just like superdish).

goaliebob99 said:
Also as far as recivers getting confuzed about 61.5 and 129 with voom.. (not true) I have had a 942 hooked up in this fashion sence 129 lit up.. (Im the one who broak the Superdish Mad Scientest thread with a 121 superdish and 129 on it) and have yet to have any type of reciver confuzion. the reciver just decides witch one it wants to use.. sometimes is 61.5 and other times its 129. :) I havent heard others with any issues either with other recivers. Hope this helps
During initial testing, back when 129 had just 5 Voom channels running, some people reported loosing the other 5 Voom chans until they removed 129 from the cluster. I guess since 129 has all the Voom chans morrored it's just a matter of the receiver assigning the source, thanks for clearing that up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts