Comcast CEO: NBC Turnaround Is Happening 'Faster' Than Anticipated

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Said Roberts: "We feel great about the improvements at NBCUniversal, which have significantly exceeded our expectations." And he added that "the turnaround in broadcast is happening even faster than we had anticipated." He cited improving NBC ratings momentum as one key reason before management also mentioned rising retransmission consent revenue. Hit shows have included The Voice and The Blacklist.

hollywoodreporter.com

hahaha Faster than anticipated eh?2 hit shows,possibly 3 if you count Revolution,which is declining in the ratings fast.Pure posturing for more money is all that is.

I have to wonder if people get tired of things more easily these days than what they used to. Maybe that is why the ratings drop on tv shows quicker than in years past.

I have to wonder if people get tired of things more easily these days than what they used to. Maybe that is why the ratings drop on tv shows quicker than in years past.

I think that people are so distracted with so many things in entertainment and the internet, that they don't have time for shows to grow and become a hit like in days past. I know I don't give them much time any more. Two or Three episodes and if you don't make me want to watch , I drop the show .

I dunno,shows like TWD keep a solid audience,or even increase in the ratings.imo it's all about the quality of the show.If they have a well written show it shouldn't decline in the ratings.

I agree about quality. When there is none why waste time? Why do most series in pay premium channels are interested and keep you hooked? Isnt that the question? I only give one episode to a series to convince me. This year I experienced that some did not deserve 10 mins. It is about quality. I rather watch the Returned on sundance than hostage.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I agree about quality. When there is none why waste time? Why do most series in pay premium channels are interested and keep you hooked? Isnt that the question? I only give one episode to a series to convince me. This year I experienced that some did not deserve 10 mins. It is about quality. I rather watch the Returned on sundance than hostage.

There have been some theories on that... Premium channels can take more risks and produce more niche shows since they do not need everyone to watch every show. Broadcast TV has to appeal to as many as possible since they need every show watched as much as possible to show commercials.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I love the Returned on Sundance. It has been renewed for another season . The only thing is I have to fully watch it, meaning I can't do the computer at the same time, so I can read the captions that translate the French into English.

I love the Returned on Sundance. It has been renewed for another season . The only thing is I have to fully watch it, meaning I can't do the computer at the same time, so I can read the captions that translate the French into English.

Loved it too. I just saw ABC has a show with a similar premise called Ressurected and A&E has picked up the rights to make the US version of Les Revenants

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)