Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast

commodore_dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Alpharetta, GA
Well the last thread I could find on this was over a year old so I figured I'd start a new one. Just found out that CSS will be broadcasting at least 6 SEC football games and 20 men's basketball games each year for 5 years, as well as other events. In addition to this they have:

-Sun Belt and Conference USA football
-Lots of minor conference football, basketball and baseball
-Gwinnett Braves AAA baseball (25+ games per year)
-Peachtree TV Atlanta Braves games outside WPCH territory (not sure how many games that is this year but it was 45 in 2008)

I've contacted CSS when I had DirecTV and now again that I've got Dish, both times I got a real response saying more or less that they've been trying to get on both for years, of course since it is Comcast-owned who knows how honest that is. I've never gotten a real response from either D* or E* about it. I could handle missing the UGA events that were on CSS up until now, because it was just non-conference basketball or baseball, but if they're going to have conference football and basketball games on a channel I can't get that's a whole different animal! All of the sports bars I typically frequent use D*, and of course tailgaters across the SEC are going to be hosed too... anyone else concerned about this?

http://www.css-sports.com/images/2009_sec_espn_deal__kva__final.pdf

It is a pain for satellite users in SEC country. I was disappointed I couldn't watch the SEC baseball tournement because it was on CSS exclusively.

I am worried that since Vandy isn't one of the bigger teams in the league, some of their games will drop to this channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts