Comcast fees for Frisco area

MartyDe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
CT
Saw this article with a breakdown of Comcast fees for the San Francisco area. Where's my wire cutter?

• Wow
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Saw this article with a breakdown of Comcast fees for the San Francisco area. Where's my wire cutter?
Fees are why I left Comcast back in 2015, when they first started RSN ( which I did not watch and Local Broadcast Channels).

First to PS Vue, then to YTTV, now just the streaming services, which I get the majority of content from Paid Live TV, HBO, Showtime and all the streaming shows for roughly $70 a month.

Ridiculous, network television is terrible. I have an antenna that brings in all my locals and I barely watch them. Wouldn't pay $2 a month for them!
I still watch about 6 CBS Show, 0 for NBC/FOX, 1 ABC Show.

Ridiculous, network television is terrible. I have an antenna that brings in all my locals and I barely watch them. Wouldn't pay $2 a month for them!
Years ago,when many of the local network channels were independently owned they were great.Now nearly all are owned by huge companies,such as Sinclair,Nexstar,Gray,etc..Those companies only have one goal,turn as much profit as possible.So we end up with 7-10 hrs per day of news.They are all fully ad supported,but yet they demand huge chunks of money from the middlemen.It's a shame really.

Reactions: AZ.
They are all fully ad supported,but yet they demand huge chunks of money from the middlemen.It's a shame really.
They are not ad supported any longer, ad revenue is down as much as 70%, if they did not receive per sub fees, a lot of local stations would be out of business.

I still watch about 6 CBS Show, 0 for NBC/FOX, 1 ABC Show.

0/0/0/0 for me.

I like the opening monologue for the late shows - Colbert, Kimmel, Meyers, Fallon...but they're all on YouTube. The local news is also on YouTube. The antenna in my attic I installed 10 years ago hasn't even paid for itself, and I'm less than $100 in!

We watch primarily local TV all day long during the week . I use cable news station for when I want to hear political news. But the other cable channels other than HGTV and Magnolia for my wife I can live with out. I don't watch sports either, because I find them beyond boring. So I use my antenna and my Tablo or my Air Tv Anywhere to record the locals including METV for Saturday night Sci-fi TV shows and Svenghoolie movie of the week.

• Wow
Reactions: dishdude and Teehar
They are not ad supported any longer, ad revenue is down as much as 70%, if they did not receive per sub fees, a lot of local stations would be out of business.
Lol what are you smoking?Not ad supported?Have you even watched any local channels lately?Every 5 mins it's another lawyer ad,we mean business.Or how about come on down to Randy Marion Chevrolet,Kia,Hyundai,Oldsmobile,Cadillac blah blah.Then we get the pharmaceutical ads.And now it's a Joe Biden ad every other break.I'm sure they aren't making a dime off of that lol.Now you're gonna sit there and tell me they aren't getting money for that crap!Come on get real man.They double dip they get ad support plus per subscriber fees from cable,sat,and iptv.

What's worse they were never intended to be anything more than free over the air.Yet here we are,they are worse than some of those folks that stand on the street begging for money.

If they can't afford the choppers to show a fire that burned something down two days ago,then park it.Anyone defending these money grubbers is in the same book as they are imo.

Reactions: AZ. and dishdude
Lol what are you smoking?Not ad supported?Have you even watched any local channels lately?Every 5 mins it's another lawyer ad,we mean business.Or how about come on down to Randy Marion Chevrolet,Kia,Hyundai,Oldsmobile,Cadillac blah blah.Then we get the pharmaceutical ads.And now it's a Joe Biden ad every other break.I'm sure they aren't making a dime off of that lol.Now you're gonna sit there and tell me they aren't getting money for that crap!Come on get real man.They double dip they get ad support plus per subscriber fees from cable,sat,and iptv.

In 2016, Ad Revenue for Locals/Networks/Cable Channels was $60 Billion, no streaming services then was showing ads like today.

This year, advertising on both streaming and traditional TV will be just $60 billion this year.

Streaming’s Ad Revenue has exceeded Traditional TV, so while you may be seeing plenty of ads, they are now heavily discounted vs what the rates were in the past.

So no, they are no longer just Ad supported, they extremely need those per sub fees.

As global audiences switch from traditional TV to streaming services, advertisers are moving with them.

For the first time, digital TV ad revenue in the US is expected to be greater than that of traditional TV.

Linear television has long earned the title of ‘most ad revenue’ when it comes to video content, but this has officially changed. Traditional TV’s downfall will likely continue for years to come as a new challenger proves its worth to global advertisers.

Last edited:
I've got to question this company. Not even in US.

I've got to question this company. Not even in US.
So.

Here are other links-

Real vMVPD US subscribers totals

checking out Hulu. Comments?