Comcast HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Coolnate32

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
I ordered the Comcast Triple Play, with the upgraded internet and I got the step up in the TV package so I get HBO, anyway.. my question is when comcast comes out in a week how will the installer hook the box to my plasma tv? Will I need to buy an HDMI cord?

How are you hooked up to your plasma today? To answer your question, briefly, go get an HDMI cable today and have one ready. Most Comcast techs don't have one with them, just component cables.

I'm not too familiar with HD, will HDMI look a lot better?

That depends on your display. Some displays get a better picture with HDMI and some get a better picture with component. I'd say get a set of each (I suggest www.monoprice.com) component & HDMI cables hook them both up to the box that they bring out and see which has the better picture for you.

I ordered the Comcast Triple Play, with the upgraded internet and I got the step up in the TV package so I get HBO, anyway.. my question is when comcast comes out in a week how will the installer hook the box to my plasma tv? Will I need to buy an HDMI cord?

I was at work when the insight/now Comcast installer showed up. I had several cables laid out, including HDMI and component for the HD-DVR. Got home and it looked terrible. Dug into it and found he had stuffed the cables behind the set and hooked it up via RF connections. Never assume competence.

The HDMI will send both sound and video to your TV. Unfortunately, my Comcast box did have problems from time to time with my TV. I would have to turn the TV on / off and then on again to get the picture. Most of the time it didn't do this. We always watched it on the HDMI link over the analog links because it did look a little better, but the sound was much better.

I was at work when the insight/now Comcast installer showed up. I had several cables laid out, including HDMI and component for the HD-DVR. Got home and it looked terrible. Dug into it and found he had stuffed the cables behind the set and hooked it up via RF connections. Never assume competence.

Easiest way to make sure something is done to your liking is to do it yourself. Rather than have a tech come out to install the HD DVR, when I had Comcast, I simply went to their office, picked up the equipment, came home, installed it, and called in to activate it.

Easiest way to make sure something is done to your liking is to do it yourself. Rather than have a tech come out to install the HD DVR, when I had Comcast, I simply went to their office, picked up the equipment, came home, installed it, and called in to activate it.

I'm getting the digital voice and an installer has to come out I guess. And I don't have a cable line running to my house.

Good idea, but we were having the entire triple play of cable, phone and internet installed. Lots of wiring, and issues with every one that I had to correct after the fact. In addition to the DVR hookup issues, the installer also disconnected my router and hooked one computer directly to the cable modem. He also cut the wires to all but one phone jack in the house. I pity the non-tech minded user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts