Comcast Nightmare

ItsMyLife

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
Canceled Comcast Cable TV on January 8th... turned in the box and remote that day.

Got a bill a week later for $82.XX for February ... called them and told them I was canceled and should be getting a refund, not a bill... was told that a $60+ check will be coming.

A month later, no check... February 18th I get an e-mail notification of another bill, this time for March... it's $85 and some change... and that $82.xx is listed as past due.

After 45 minutes on hold waiting for a CSR yesterday, I was told to ignore this bill, that although the account was closed, it's not technically closed until they disconnect me from the pole on March 3rd.

Two whole freaking months later!!!

So, once that happens everything "will be prorated back to January 8th" (when the box was turned in).

Then, and only then, will they cut a refund check.

What a great company... keeping my $60 for over 2 MONTHS...

Thank God for competition. I'm done with them. They'll never get a single penny of my money again.

Moving to Dish was the best thing I ever did... better PQ, better options, cheaper price.... etc...

Canceled Comcast Cable TV on January 8th... turned in the box and remote that day.

Got a bill a week later for $82.XX for February ... called them and told them I was canceled and should be getting a refund, not a bill... was told that a $60+ check will be coming.

A month later, no check... February 18th I get an e-mail notification of another bill, this time for March... it's $85 and some change... and that $82.xx is listed as past due.

After 45 minutes on hold waiting for a CSR yesterday, I was told to ignore this bill, that although the account was closed, it's not technically closed until they disconnect me from the pole on March 3rd.

So, once that happens everything "will be prorated back to January 8th" (when the box was turned in).

Thank God for competition. I'm done with them. They'll never get a single penny of my money again.

Moving to Dish was the best thing I ever did... better PQ, better options, cheaper price.... etc...

Until they screw you over and piss you off and you can't cancel cause youre locked in:D

I'm locked into nothing.... better service, better technology... cheaper price.

I guess you guys just can't handle something a little smarter.... stick with the dumbed down Comcast.

I'm locked into nothing.... better service, better technology... cheaper price.

I guess you guys just can't handle something a little smarter.... stick with the dumbed down Comcast.

Yea, I just switched to dish, no contract and the dvr works awsome.. :)

Good for you. Enjoy Charlie Ergen continually holding your channels hostage in his war on rate increases.

Good for you. Enjoy Charlie Ergen continually holding your channels hostage in his war on rate increases.

Enjoy a crap analog picture, horrendous DVR and unmatched arrogance.

If it weren't for Charlie boy and his like, your cable bill would be double.

I've had Dish, DirecTV, and Comcast. I personally can't tell much difference in the picture between the 3 of them. I have no problems with my DVR thru Comcast, and Charlie Ergen is a joke. Enjoy giving your money to his sorry company every month. Have fun trying to deal with long hold times and billing problems trying to deal with the foreign stationed Dish Network CSRs.

What's wrong, too scared to bring out the "Comcast nutswinger" smack that you used on the BBR forums?

I've had Dish, DirecTV, and Comcast. I personally can't tell much difference in the picture between the 3 of them. I have no problems with my DVR thru Comcast, and Charlie Ergen is a joke. Enjoy giving your money to his sorry company every month. Have fun trying to deal with long hold times and billing problems trying to deal with the foreign stationed Dish Network CSRs.

What's wrong, too scared to bring out the "Comcast nutswinger" smack that you used on the BBR forums?

Have you actually used the DVR? :) Most have issues with the DVR, lagging/lockups , not to mention they added adds in the Iguide..

Don't have ads in my guide. My DVR does what it is supposed to do, record shows. What more do I need it to do? Actually, I've had one lockup in the 6 months I've had it.

But, the original poster is nothing but a trouble maker doing nothing but trying to incite hatred toward Comcast when apparently he's made up a bogus situation to try and make himself look like a victim. Can't wait to read the first post from him when Saint Charlie Ergen yanks yet another one of his channels off the air.

Took over 5 months to get a refund from Directv, but when we did,it was too much,sent it back told them to adjust it and it took another 4 months to get the adjusted check.The world of idiots

I Took My Hd Dvr Back To Comcast And I Am Just Keeping My High Spped Internet. I Had A Signal Problem That Comcast Didnt Want To Fix Two Technichans Said I Cant Fix This You Need Another Technichan. Called For Another Tech. Sent A African Guy Who Watched My Tv For 5 Minutes And Left And Told Me To Call Comcast And Tell Them There Was A Problem With The Signal. When I Returned The Box Comcast Didnt Even Ask Me Why I Was Returning Or Didnt Even Offer Me A Deal.
Since Im On Midnite Shift Im Just Gonna Use My Old Voom Box To Watch Tv And Record My Favorite Shows At My Moms House. Man I Miss Va Va Voom But Cant Wait For Fios.

Strange when i cancelled comcast which i was only getting life line and internet btw my account was terminated the day i called in the cancellation even thogh they didnt' disconnect me for about another three weeks. that i might say was good of them.

you'll love Dish a much better product and price than i feel any cable servicr provider offers espcially comcast. I find them arrogant as companies go.
\
Ron

Until they screw you over and piss you off and you can't cancel cause youre locked in:D

You can always cancel if you know who to call and how you should act on the phone. I had cable for years until Dish was a much better programming deal for me. Now my HSI went up $15/mo. However, I got lucky and got a good promo for 12 months.

I find the digi picture on both is quite good. Cable has some poor analog signals, but overall I have far more channels I like and the HSI is included in the pkg. I had no problems with Dish. I also used to work as a CSSR @ Adelphia. I had a little authority to help out good customers and most of the time we resolved the issue(s) in a professional manner. Well.... I worked with that philosophy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)