Comcast OnDemand vs DISH OnDemand?

matrix2004

Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Chicago
I've had DISH for several months now but don't have a DVR receiver. I'm holding out for the 922. Anyway, i used to have Comcrap and i liked the amount of free OnDemand videos. Does DISH OnDemand have this too?

I've had DISH for several months now but don't have a DVR receiver. I'm holding out for the 922. Anyway, i used to have Comcrap and i liked the amount of free OnDemand videos. Does DISH OnDemand have this too?

Yes, it does but they're not in the same league. Comcast OnDemand blows away Dish OnDemand.

COMCAST OnDemand works so well because it has lightning fast internet speeds coming down the coax directly from the cable company.

Dish does not even really make an effort. Everything is just thrown together so you end up having to scroll through pages and pages of junk. It would be nice if Dish would at least break it up into content categories. As is, it is pretty useless.

If you network a Dish DVR, there is a huge library of free downloads. Most is SD and it takes forever and a day to download. The upside is a few treasures such as a 1981 "Bad Brains" concert and the like. It is there, but you have to work for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts