Comcast Philadelphia and Channel 4 San Diego

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smaug07

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Both the Comcast Philadelphia feed of the Phillies and the Cox Channel 4 San Diego feed of the Padres are being offered this season on MLBEI. My question is that the reason both were not on for so many years was because each was delivered terrestially and not via satellite, so how does DirecTV receive these signals for the EI package? And how do they receive the HD feeds of these stations? Since neither Comcast or Cox are exactly cooperative, how does D* get the signals?

D* has nothing to do with it. MLB EI has an agreement with Cox & CSN Philly to get feeds for the games for the providers of MLB EI. D* just happens to be one of those providers

Starting to look that way...now, I don't know if it is every time...and I did notice that MyPhl 17 is doing more of the Phils games than ever before which we do get but the HD pic quality is not nearly as good as the CSN feed.

Even if the CSN Philly and San Diego 4 games are in part of the agreement with EI, my original question is still how do these broadcasts get delivered to DirecTV since they are terrestially delivered services and not via satellite?

most if not all of the stadiums have fibre to the local station

The agreement is for EI along with NBA LP and NHL CI. Just because its not available normally doesn't mean it wouldnt be available for a out of market package

Still blacked out for me in Manahawkin NJ on the CSN Philly feed. I guess Comcast doesn't want to air in in my town. (Called DTV they said they have no say in where it airs and that Comcast determines the area who can see their CSN Philly feed)

I am technically a NY market but I am within the marketing radius for Philly teams. I had both Philly and NY National Networks and also NY and Philly Sports channels when I had Comcast. Isn't a big deal since I am a NY Sports fan but its still a bummer since I like the Phils and Yanks and can only see Phils games when they play the Yanks.

Maybe when/if we get CSN Philly full time Phils games won't be blacked out. but as we all know the business practices of Comcast that will not be the case.

Maybe when/if we get CSN Philly full time Phils games won't be blacked out. but as we all know the business practices of Comcast that will not be the case.

If CSN Philly becomes available then yes you would receive the Phillies games if the Phillies claim that area.

Here's an article on the situation from a San Diego paper:

Padres staying put on cable TV - SignOnSanDiego.com

Interesting part of the article:

Part of the rules went into effect April 2, before the Padres opened the regular season. But an important piece, which detailed steps for competing companies to file complaints if cable operators refuse to negotiate licenses for local sports programming, haven’t become official.

The Office of Management and Budget must examine these proposed procedures to ensure compliance with the federal Paperwork Reduction Act. There is a public comment period, and a notice must be posted in the Federal Register

So in other words, not any time soon :mad:

yep. MLB EI subs in socal are still screwed from Padres games...they're blacked out of all Padres games

and that article is 2 moths old.....we have received 4SD feeds on MLB EI

I'd bet good money that it shows up on DirecTV and Dish will claim it would be too costly to its subs to add the channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts