Comcast sports chicago blackouts

cah1975

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I am going to be upgrading from AT100 to AT100 Plus early next year. I have heard rumblings that Chicago Cubs games get blacked out on Comcast Sports Net. Who does this affect? I live in the Southwest corner of Michigan, only about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from Chicago. The local channels available to me through Dish are from South Bend if that helps.

I live in South Bend and have not seen a Cubs game blacked out on Comcast sports net Chicago as they are a regional provider and are normally the ones causing some national broadcasts to be blacked out.

ESPN will pick up a game for national broadcast and then have it blacked out here because Comcast SN Chi, WGN, or some other local net has the local rights.

I live in Houston and have Directv...will today's game between Cubs and Pirates be blacked out? this is a noon start.

I'm in Chicago and I have Dish. Games that show up on the program guide for Comcast Sports Net Chicago are not blacked out.

However, sometimes Dish does not show the game in HD.

Directv shows in HD all the games that are on Comcast Sports Net Chicago.

The only games usually blacked out where you can't watch them at all are the games on local WCIU. You would then need chicago locals to watch those games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)