Comcast Sports Net Chicago

It's being reported to be about two weeks ago and virtually guaranteed as referenced by this Chicago Tribune article.

Any news on this? If this doesn't happen looks like I have to switch to cable in order to watch the Bulls.

No don't do that!! That's what cable would want you to do, don't support their RSN hijacking business!!

when they got you by the balls what can you do. The bad part is that ALL the home games on this channel (which is about all of them) will be broadcast in HD for the Cubs, Sox, Bulls, and Hawks. Even if/when DISH does get this channel, they don't have the BW for it to be HD. This is making me want to change to cable too.

I don't really care if they give us HD or not, it would be nice, but as long as I can watch the games and if that has to be through cable then so be it.

Of course, but that sucks. Just the same general problem with Satellite as always, no bandwidth. We may NEVER get this channel in HD.

You know, only the home games of the Bulls, Cubs, & Sox will be in HD, all other programming from CSNC will be in SD. What E* (&D*) need to do is set up 2 0r 3 alt HD Sports channels that they use use to show the HD home broadcasts from the RSNs. If they added these with the League Pass, Extra Innings, etc, then, if you subscribed to those packages, you could also get the HD feed. Open up the HD feed for your home RSN. Wouldn't need these to be fulltime channels. More and more RSNs will be adding HD broadcasts and E* & D* need to find a way to make these available. If they can't accomidate this by year end, I will also start looking at switching back to cable.

Yes that would be very smart. DirecTV could probably do it since they now have a 10 channel range to broadcast Sunday Ticket. and since there's only one sport this season it shouldn't be to hard to configure the LP Schedule for an HD channel where each home team has an RSN broadcast.

The main thing for me is that they get this channel on the air before the season starts next month.

Agreed, but do it right. I mean eventually it will be HD so figure it out now. It used to be "nothing is in HD!!" we would cry about, now plenty is but you can't get it all.

Scott help us out?!?! Opening day for the Bulls is only days away. If I miss the first ten games and they are hot, I may miss over 50% of their wins!!

Yesterday, 08:19 PM
TNGTony

Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member Join Date: Sep 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 new channels uplinked today but not yet available to subscribers.

409 Comcast Sports Net West (Sacramento) at 110
429 Comcast Sports Net Chicago at 119
9465 HD Events 1 at 110
9466 HD Events 2 at 110

Looks like the two HD channels share space with HD PPV meaning that only two of the three would work at any one time.

See ya
Tony

Nice, now I know that all the games on the Chicago Comcast station at home (41 NBA games Bulls, 81 MLB games Cubs) will be in HD, so I wonder if those 2 HD stations are for that? Since only those games would need to be HD, maybe one event a day that would free them up to be used for other things as well.

9466 will probably be showing the NBA TV HD games as part of the NBA League Pass subscription. Currently, 9465 is getting used for the sporadic HDNet extra feeds of Dallas Mavericks games for DFW subscribers.

heres a question.. if a sub doesnt sub to nba leage pass but there rsna (team) is on the hd channel.. will they get the hd feed of that game. because its from there rsna? i think thats a damm good question.. if yes that would be awsome.. if no then piss on e*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)