Comcast Sports South

ercav

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Has anyone heard anything about Dish maybe getting Comcast Sports South or CSS.

How could Dish not add this channel for their customers but nobody seems to know if it will be added. I wrote to Dish yesterday and inquired about this channel but I have not had a reply as of today. I stated that we have watched the Braves every night for years and now we are not able to watch 45 of their games because they do not carry Peachtree tv. I know that it probley doesn't matter to them but I also told them their reply would determine whether I would go to directv because of this channel. I don't want to do that because I love my Dish receivers but I love my Braves too. Will let you know if they reply to my e-mail.

bumblebee8

How could Dish not add this channel for their customers but nobody seems to know if it will be added. I wrote to Dish yesterday and inquired about this channel but I have not had a reply as of today. I stated that we have watched the Braves every night for years and now we are not able to watch 45 of their games because they do not carry Peachtree tv. I know that it probley doesn't matter to them but I also told them their reply would determine whether I would go to directv because of this channel. I don't want to do that because I love my Dish receivers but I love my Braves too. Will let you know if they reply to my e-mail.

bumblebee8

These are two different services; CSS is actually Comcast-Charter Sports Southeast, which carries SEC and ACC sports, coaches shows, regional Arena football. Some of its programming will also appear on different RSNs in the Comcast family.

Sports South is owned by Fox and carries 55 Braves games.

These are two different services; CSS is actually Comcast-Charter Sports Southeast, which carries SEC and ACC sports, coaches shows, regional Arena football. Some of its programming will also appear on different RSNs in the Comcast family.

Sports South is owned by Fox and carries 55 Braves games.

Ok, sorry I didn't know that. My question is for Comcast-Charter Sports Southeast. Does anyone know if this channel will be added or is it even being discussed?

The desires of Comcast and Charter to keep the channel a "cable exclusive" are not relevant, since as a sat. delivered channel, DBS can pick it up no matter what.

It simply does not have much valid programming. If you go to the channel's web site, you will find that almost no calbe companies other than its two owners pick it up either.

The desires of Comcast and Charter to keep the channel a "cable exclusive" are not relevant, since as a sat. delivered channel, DBS can pick it up no matter what.

It simply does not have much valid programming. If you go to the channel's web site, you will find that almost no calbe companies other than its two owners pick it up either.

This is an opinion. They play every SEC football game over each week. which I'm sure more than myself would like to watch. Not to mention baseball and basketball

I just want Dish to pick it up for the additional Braves games we are missing this year.

The service ercav started the thread about is not Sports South. CSS doesn't have any Braves games.

ercav said:
This is an opinion. They play every SEC football game over each week. which I'm sure more than myself would like to watch. Not to mention baseball and basketball

Yes, it's a goldmine for game replays and spring football.

CSS is on our local cable and it does carry the 45 Braves games. My neighbor has cable and they watch the Braves games.

so, i guess the question here is, if you're in Braves territory, and have Dish, how in the crap do you watch the Braves games that are NOT being carried. Most of them are blacked out.

This is hacking me off. I just got my in-laws weaned off of crappy Mediacom analog cable, now they're complaining about why can't they see the ballgames.

And the sad part of that is, is that the crappy analog Mediacom has the Peachtree games, along with Directv and Comcast. Comcast may not broadcast on CSS, but the Comcast system in Mobile does carry the Peachtree broadcasts. I guess it is back to the in laws or neighbors house tonight so I can see the Braves. They get a kick out of someone that has two seperate dishes with 4 LNB's, a DVR, HDTV and can't get the Braves games, but crappy cable can. What a shame!

CSS carries ZERO BRAVES GAMES.

Some cable systems have signed a deal to carry the "Peachtree games" and choose to REPLACE CSS for the time period of the game with that material. If DISH, DirecTV or any cable system added CSS, it would not bring ANY Braves games whatsoever.

Mud Duck & SamC, I hope yall will do the same thing I am doing and contact Dish frequently and continuing to demand the Peachtree games. I have been doing the live chat on a daily basis requesting it, we just have to keep hounding them and not shut up about it.