Come on guy's get a USB or Pci card.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
There are so many things to explore. And a card and EBS pro is your tuning friend. Lets get this forum running. I see so many possibilities for you guys. Take the next step, get a USB or Pcie card use free programs and see what is available. Not talking hack stuff, just EBS pro to scan and se what you scanned in. Forums are few and and getting lesser. Scott, can we make this a true FTA forum? all the others are dead. I will be glad to help out. We need a dedicated technical forum to help people. Mainly dish pointing 101, then people that can help..We have some great receivers, but the future is based in a PC . Just a lost soul looking to help people with reception, and we all know Rick booted me over standing up for him, hence his post, people are trying to destroy my forum. Can we please try to expand the FTA forum with user friendly reposes and good old fashioned knowledge.

Reactions: KE4EST and k.r.
Yes, a PCI DVB tuner card was one of the best purchases that I have ever made.

Besides using it for TV, I also use it for receiving satellite images from the NOAH GOES-16 and GOES-17 weather satellites.

I can get 20K x 20K pixel images of the western hemisphere whenever I want with a PCI card, a program I wrote, and a 10 foot satellite dish. Here is a thread about it: GOES 16 GRB downlink vs GVAR

I just posted there to make sure it doesn't get closed from lack of use.

I found using a PCI card to be difficult to use on Linux. No software to actually use the card and I don't have time to develop the software. At one time I had a software blind scan developed but I never fixed the T2MI issue in order to get a proper scan on 101W C-band. I'll stick with my osmio4k boxes.

Come on Johnie yopu can do it, you are a linux man, give it a try. It works fine, you are the linux guru, so if additions are needed you can do it.

What programming language does updatelee use? Seems at one time I knew this, but have slept since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts