Comedy Central HD Launches! (not on Dish!)

theedge103

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 1, 2008
Lockport, NY
This is one of the only things I miss from regular cable when I moved to the HD only package (Dish Absolute HD)... I really hope it gets added soon! Daily Show withdrawl goin on here!

Comedy Central HD launches today, and Cablevision iO TV subscribers will be the first to see it. According to Multichannel News we can expect 200 hours or so of native HD programming to start, including about 30 episodes of South Park, The Sarah Silverman Program, plus loads of archived stand up and films. Coming up fresh and new for your HDTV is season 13 of South Park, Reno 911, The Flaming Sward of Fire and Krod Mandoon, while The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,and The Colbert Report will get an HD upgrade at a later date. Besides nabbing the exclusive, Cablevision's trumpeting its numbers showing HD penetration is up to nearly 50 percent of iO TV subs, with 69 HD channels available. Otherwise, DirecTV and Cox will be adding later this month with more launches due later in the year -- hopefully Time Warner worked that into the latest deal with Viacom.

Comedy Central HD launches today, and Cablevision iO TV subscribers will be the first to see it. According to Multichannel News we can expect 200 hours or so of native HD programming to start, including about 30 episodes of South Park, The Sarah Silverman Program, plus loads of archived stand up and films. Coming up fresh and new for your HDTV is season 13 of South Park, Reno 911, The Flaming Sward of Fire and Krod Mandoon, while The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,and The Colbert Report will get an HD upgrade at a later date. Besides nabbing the exclusive, Cablevision's trumpeting its numbers showing HD penetration is up to nearly 50 percent of iO TV subs, with 69 HD channels available. Otherwise, DirecTV and Cox will be adding later this month with more launches due later in the year -- hopefully Time Warner worked that into the latest deal with Viacom.

Add U-verse to the list that will launch Comedy Central HD along with other hd channels. DISH is the service that continues with "coming soon":p
http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/01/att_adds_mtv_bet_content_to_uv.php

So less than a third of the time this HD channel will show actual HD content consisting of edited, commercial laden repeats and then the rest of the time the new and original programming will be stretched SD for the forseeable future.

Well, at least the channel will show up on the HD Only packages, once Dish decides to carry it.

This is one of the only things I miss from regular cable when I moved to the HD only package (Dish Absolute HD)... I really hope it gets added soon! Daily Show withdrawl goin on here!

Should be available on DISH so..., er, in the near future. But it won't be in HD Absolute.

Well, never say never. There's a 97% chance it won't be in HD Absolute.

I d rather lay back and watch tv then buffering online in mediocre quality...

+1. I tired of people telling us HD Only subs just to watch hulu.

I guess I should just tell HBO/Cinemax/Starz/Showtime subs just to get Netflix.

Comedy Central is number one on my list of channels I want.

You can get your daily show/colbert fix on hulu.com for free to hold you over.

That is actually good to know, I did not know hulu had these shows.. I have no other way to watch them now (other than a daily download off usenet, and that is not convenient...) thanks.

Should be available on DISH so..., er, in the near future. But it won't be in HD Absolute.

Well, never say never. There's a 97% chance it won't be in HD Absolute.

We will see. All we know is what we have heard and you know how that goes with Dish.

+1. I tired of people telling us HD Only subs just to watch hulu.

I guess I should just tell HBO/Cinemax/Starz/Showtime subs just to get Netflix.

Comedy Central is number one on my list of channels I want.

Sorry, I meant to say why don't you subscribe to a package that includes comedy central.

We will probably get this channel on Dish this time next year (2010). Seems Dish runs really late on all the channels, usually about a year after launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts