Comedy Central on Turbo HD Bronze?

nelsonba

Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
I just spoke with a salesman at Dish. I asked about Comedy Central and he said I would get it with the Turbo HD Bronze package. Is that true? I don't see it listed on their website. He said he had a different list. The list on the website says it's over 40 HD channels, but I only see 26 listed. What's the deal? Are they counting pay-per-view as more than one? Thanks!

enjoy the flat out lies claiming we have the number of HD channels that we count ourselves thru our program guides.

He may be confusing the HD Bronze pack that is an add on to AT100. Comedy Central is not in HD, so isn't in the HD only Turbo packs.

He is probably also counting 4 local channels and the "up to" 14 HD VODs they supposedly can (but don't) offer.

Comedy Central HD will probably be in the Bronze package when it is added since Bronze is made up of the AT100 HD channels. The channel isn't scheduled to launch until January so it will be at least that long and probably longer before dish carries it.

The channel isn't scheduled to launch until January so it will be at least that long and probably longer before dish carries it.

Do you have a source for that info? The lack of viacom channels in HD has been what's held me back from going back to cable/satellite.

And, yea, I despise the sales folks for DirecTV as they couldn't answer the most basic question, but I haven't had much luck with Dish either. Complete idiots working on commission so lie all they want as they don't care at all.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Do you have a source for that info? The lack of viacom channels in HD has been what's held me back from going back to cable/satellite.

And, yea, I despise the sales folks for DirecTV as they couldn't answer the most basic question, but I haven't had much luck with Dish either. Complete idiots working on commission so lie all they want as they don't care at all.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Directv has NickHD, MTVHD, CMTHD, VH1HD, All viacom channels. ;)

Don't forget Spike, the one that maybe has the most HD actual content of the Viacom channels. The rest, particularly the music channels, have practically no HD.

Comedy Central HD was announced as coming to a few Cox markets this month, but it never happened. There is no firm date for Comedy Central HD to be made available.

Yea, but then I'd have to go back to DirecTV.

Eh, they all suck, so maybe it doesn't matter. ;o)

NickHD would be nice, but I'm mainly wanting Comedy Central.

I'd like to get the $25 TurboHD. It's a GREAT Price...I think I'm stalling hoping Comedy Central is announced soon.

There was a press release for the January 2009 launch for comedy central a while back. Just read something today where MSNBC acknowledges missing their targeted launch for this year and will do it sometime next year so you never know.

Its obvious that that salesman For Dish is only trying to sell you the Dish because he/She is not informed of what channels are auctually available now on Dishes HD packages,No Comedy Central is not in HD yet and they shouldnt of told you it is,I personally would steer away from dishonest (or misinformed sellers and/or installers).If they feed you a line of bull now,just wait until you auctually need service after the install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)