Comet is on

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have had Comet on Roku for sometime as well as OTA. The 211k OTA tuner does well on OTA, but there is no EPG, so it has been hard to DVR a program. Glad to see it on Dish. I wonder if our OTA 2.3 Comet will get a guide too?

I have had Comet on Roku for sometime as well as OTA. The 211k OTA tuner does well on OTA, but there is no EPG, so it has been hard to DVR a program. Glad to see it on Dish. I wonder if our OTA 2.3 Comet will get a guide too?

Why don’t you get something like a TiVo or a Tablo if you want guide data for this and other channels?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
After reading this thread I added Comet to my main favorites list. This is the 3rd sd channel with guide data that Dish has added (including Laff & Grit) that I also get OTA, without guide data. I've started a separate fav list that only has the 6 channels so I can see the guide data on the Dish channels but watch on the OTA channels which have better picture quality. It's kind of a pain to switch guides just for 3 channels but it's easier than finding the Dish channels in the main guide and then going back to the OTA channels. I know that I could get a Tablo, Tivo or a number of other set top boxes with guide data as someone mentioned but those cost money.

I don't know why if the Dish channels have guide data that the same OTA channels don't have it??

Geez guys, if you want guide info for all your OTA channels, there’s plenty of OTA DVRs to choose from. Also, many TVs have guide info (although you can’t record) in their databases for live TV.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
We are lucky to even have Comet. I had to complain to the Feds to get Closed-Captioning live on my Comet station. It's not likely to EVER be in HD, as it's a sub-channel. MAYBE with ATSC 3.0

I have no problems watching SD material. I grew up with nothing else for nearly 45 years. Doesn't bother me a bit.

After reading this thread I added Comet to my main favorites list. This is the 3rd sd channel with guide data that Dish has added (including Laff & Grit) that I also get OTA, without guide data. I've started a separate fav list that only has the 6 channels so I can see the guide data on the Dish channels but watch on the OTA channels which have better picture quality. It's kind of a pain to switch guides just for 3 channels but it's easier than finding the Dish channels in the main guide and then going back to the OTA channels. I know that I could get a Tablo, Tivo or a number of other set top boxes with guide data as someone mentioned but those cost money.

I don't know why if the Dish channels have guide data that the same OTA channels don't have it??

I agree a Tivo or Tablo is a lot of money just to get the guide. I did buy a little HD converter box that I can run a thumb drive to make it a DVR. The guide goes out on that 24 hours. That is a great idea, to take the OTA channels w/o a guide and if Dish carries it, put both on a separate fav list together. For me, that would be Comet and Justice. I get the OTA guide for Get TV, Decades, MeTV. Dish does not carry Stadium or Qwest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts