Coming back to Dish

craig559

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
I live in an apartment building and my upstairs neibhor just had Dish installed with a Hopper 2. Talked to the installer and asked if my install could just be tied into the same dish and he said it depends on what receiver and package I get. I am getting the top 120 package with hd and dvr. The dish installed has 3 horns so I am assuming it picks up 3 sats. It is only because I am trying to avoid a 2nd dish being mounted on the roof, that I am asking. I had been with Dish since the beginning but had to cancel about 2 years ago when I moved. Thanx

The 3 horn LNB isn’t really enough information. Do you want a Hopper 2 or a Hopper 3? If you match your neighbor’s Hopper 2, it will work. If you want a Hopper 3, there can be some issues....

I am going for the Hopper 2. I guess the reason why I asked in the first place is at my old building an installer hooked up someone else up to my dish. I did not even notice it until one of those cables that are used to go thru a window and still be able to close the window went bad and I was checking my connections from the dish. Thanx for the info. I am really looking forward to getting Dish back. Mediacom has raised prices 3 time over the past year and its getting crazy

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)