Coming to Dish from Directv - questions

bonnjer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Looks like I'm going to be making the switch very soon, due to my local channels becoming available on Dish. My main question...

I'll be calling my local Dish retailer to set up the work rather than calling Dish directly. As part of the current promotions with Dish, is the standard installation covered or will I have to pay the installer anything? All of the cabling is already run to rooms and as best I can figure, the installer would just need to swap dishes, align, and connect boxes.

I'm planning on going with Classic Gold 250 (including locals), Starz movie package, and 3 Solo 311's since none of my TVs are HD.

Thanks for the info.

You can save on fees by going with dual-tuner receivers such as the 322. If you are in an Eastern Arc DMA, you might even future-proof yourself by going with the HD 211 or 222, (but only subscribing to the SD channels for now).

Thanks, I'll take that into consideration and ask the installer.

Anyone have any idea on the installation costs for this situation?

Eastern Arc will be free the same as anyother Install. But its up to Dish to decide if thats the equipment you'll receive. If your locals are on the 61.5 or 72.5 then you'll most likly get a 1000.4 dish with a VIP 222 and a 211. But if your locals are on the 119 or 110, Your only going to get a Dish 500 with a 322 and a 311-or 301.
If you get 3 -301's I'll be very surprised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)