Comments on Camper setup

gizo157973

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
pa
Newb here...

This is what I am planning to put together for my camper. Please comment if i have it correct or missed anything.

Location - Northeast Pa

Dish 500 (Standard Def 119 110) with Dual Dish Pro Plus LNB
Dish 500 (HD 61.5) with single/dual Dish Pro LNB connected to DP Plus LNB
Dish VIP 211k (no dish pro plus splitter)
RG69 cable

Also does the VIP 211k push the audio/video signal on both hdmi/component at the same time? I would like to hook two TVs to it but not watch them independently.

Thanks for the comments and help!

Yes, you can use both HDMI and component at the same time. Should work fine. I never had much luck using tripods to mount the dish because I could never seem to get them plump and sturdy. A much better mount is the Bullseye mount that attaches to a stake driven in the ground. It's a sturdy, fully adjustable mount with a built in level that's very easy to use. Here's their website http://www.rvdishmount.com/

to gizo157973

I am a fulltime RV'er and have been in eastern PA since May. Physically I have two Winegard Tripods ( see here: Winegard Tripod Mount & Carry Bag - Item - Camping World ). I found this tripod (I have a pile of others that I have tried) to be very easy to get plumb. Once I have the tripods plumbed I use a spike thru the foot of each of the 3 legs to anchor it to the ground. This setup has withstood up to 50+ MPH gusts with no effect at all. Aside from signal loss during storms, the only problem I have had was to remove the ice from the dish after a recent ice storm.

I use 1 Dish 500 for 61.5 HD programming. I also have a Dish 1000.2 for 110 and 119. I had planned on using the 1000.2 for 129 also, but I just cannot get the signal. Hopefully when the new bird is up I will. I cabled the Dish 500 to the Input port of the 1000.2 dish. I then run a cable from the 1000.2 dish to my RV connection, thus letting the 1000.2 dish to do the switching. In my case the RV was wired with RG-6 from the factory.

Inside my RV I have my ViP622 receiver. The cable from the dish goes thru a signal separator and then into inputs 1 and 2 at the rear of the receiver. I use a HDMI cable to connect to the living room HDTV. I use the TV-2 output (COAX) thru a Winegard switch to the bedroom TV. The living room TV also connects to the winegard switch via a COAX cable so that I can easily switch to the TV Antenna for over the air TV. By using two different inputs on the TV I don't have to do any switching at the Winegard switch. I leave the Winegard on ANTENNA and simply change the Input on the TV between the COAX and HDMI. BTW - both TVs operate independently from each other.

I would suggest getting the "I" mount instead of the "Y" mount for the 61.5 dish 500 it makes it easier to aim and slightly stronger signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts