Comments on EHDs and S342

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
Dish Hopper Problem List
version S342 downloaded 4/2 1:30 to 2:30
My Recordings : Daily Schedule :: select a line, blinks and jumps to top list :: went away?
Conflict Resolution :: select a program and jumps to upper left corner :: ?
Conflict Resolution :: select a program and restore and has no accepted “capsule”

Give us naming for the EHDs. Very confusing with only 1 to 4 and not consistent.
Want to not select a day for recording and still get multiple recordings, no PTAT.
I do it now by day change to never have PTAT.
Need to skip channel for record all although it can be on multiple channels.
Local channel rerun is twice as big as satellite.
Want to selectively skip events on Daily Schedule including those skipped for priority.

EHD transfers:
It identifies the EHD as the last one accessed most of the time—wrong variable.
Many fail with 0 to 6 seconds left to transfer. Perhaps an option to truncate.
Some stick with Event successfully transferred to your “”. Yes, no name.
Need a way to reset one of the “channels” to the EHD, busyness and directional memory.
Must make better guess for time remaining. Use a standard guess for the rate and improve it.
It now starts with 100’s of hours and works it way to a reasonable guess. Start better.
With a second transfer it may start with a few seconds as a guess—unreasonable.
Many of the icons/tiles for the recordings are from some other recording or are missing.

Why not a full set of functions for EHD #3 and #4? At least delete, if not play.
-Ken

"...Local channel rerun is twice as big as satellite...."

OTA uses MPEG-2, not MPEG-4, which alone makes for twice the bandwidth use. Plus, the signal is probably further compressed.

I know that OTA signal is 2X or more for storage and why it is.
I'm referring to satellite-received CW channel in Albuquerque.
I'm comparing Dish translated to the same programs on Dish nationals.
Some of the series programs get to many stations.
One problem is the "preferred" channel is the local-into-local. By lowest number?
I want to use "all" channels to avoid having to set timers for each channel.
-Ken

Ken
have you found a way to delete many shows. For example I had over 800 NCIS on EHD1 including many duplicates.
some marathons allowed me to record about 240 shows missing about 30 for a complete collection from day one.
So I moved the fresh collection to EHD 2 and made a list go the missing episodes.
Now I want to delete all but the missing episodes from EHD 1 and move the missing ones through the HWS to EHD 2.
is there an easy way to delete hundreds of shows like there was on the VIP 722?
Can reliably move shows back to Hopper then to another EHD, or do you lose the ability to view them?

All you need to do is open your NCIS folder, Edit, Select All...then unselected the one you want to keep, Edit Action, Delete...close Edit.

At least your EHD is recognized by the blasted device. I haven't been able to continue my Breaking Bad marathon session since before the Olympics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts