Commercial jump not working

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
The commercial jump is hit or miss, now and then, any idea on what is wrong? Record prime time one night and no red roo icon in upper right. The next night is it there. Can't figure out what is messed up.

All CBS including affiliates will have a 7 day delay for Autohop as of last Sunday, I beleive is when it started. ABC O&O channels will have a 3 day delay. Fox and NBC are still 1:30 the following morning, and select broadcasts will still be enabled.

As for in the wrong place, Oooops! I thought I was in Dish.
7 Days, well that sucks! It must have been the way for the networks to get back on Dish for winning the lawsuit.
First class bummer.
Thank for all the information.

As for in the wrong place, Oooops! I thought I was in Dish.
7 Days, well that sucks! It must have been the way for the networks to get back on Dish for winning the lawsuit.
First class bummer.
Thank for all the information.
Nobody won the lawsuit. The networks agreed to drop the lawsuits in exchange for the delay. I haven't heard anything new since Fox last defeat in the court room, but that last one should still be active.

Reactions: TheKrell
Autohop is still working on FOX and NBC. The delay is only 3 days on ABC O&O stations only. Its only CBS that has 7 days. Hardly gone.

Nobody won the lawsuit. The networks agreed to drop the lawsuits in exchange for the delay. I haven't heard anything new since Fox last defeat in the court room, but that last one should still be active.
Interesting. I must have only had one ear working when I heard the news item that mentioned the lawsuit.

I have said since the beginning that the auto hop feature was used for leverage for DISH in negotiations with the big 4 networks to get the best deal. CBS and ABC have both worked out their deals and NBC and FOX remain if they choose to do so. IF the locals decide to try to hike their carriage price too much the next time the contract comes up , DISH can always re-activate the full auto hop feature if they choose to, in order to keep the prices down. It was a gimmick that was used to sell the hopper, but also a tool for DISH to keep prices down for carriage of the big 4 networks and possibly the affiliates in each dma , if it came to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)