Commercial Observation (anyone Else Notice)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catnap1972

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
Central Pennsylvania
I've noticed lately that commercials for "Christian Mingle" always seem to get replaced by another commercial ontop of it (Dish inserted?) Is this deliberate or just some coincidence?

There is nothing sinister here. Christian Mingle buys commercial time on national cable networks during their local avail spots. These are times that are reserved for local cable systems to insert commercials they sold for their local market. If the local system doesn't sell that spot, you get to see Christian Mingle commercials. If they have, the commercial is preempted with the local commercial. In dish network's case, they sold that time to Farmers Only with one of the WORST commercials ever created!

So I don't know if this really is how it works, but I would guess there are pre-programmed timecodes when those kind of inserted ads are supposed to be put. Sometimes that time code might be off by a few seconds or maybe consistently they are... idk. I don't think it's on purpose.

Local inserted on D is either FarmersOnly or ChristianMingle, or lawsuit hotline commercials :D
Also chapter 12 bankruptcy by Peter Francis Geraci which is local here.:eek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts