commercials during live olympic coverage

gl9500

Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Was just watching US men's basketball on NBC and someone cut away to commercial during the 1st quarter... score was 13-17 before commercials, 17-17 afterwards. Anyone know who is doing this? My guess it's either Dish or the local NBC affiliate. (probably the local). Geez that sux!

I don't beleive that was live. I'm pretty sure I read the results before it aired :p but anyway, I don't think they have commercial timeouts in the olympics, and we wouldn't want NBC to miss out on any cash now would we? :D

The "dream" team is pretty awful. What happened to shaq? malone? I don't watch basketball, but I should know at least one or two of these people. and why didn't we bring anyone along that can shoot the ball from greater then 5ft. ? :rolleyes:

Today's game was live. I didn't have any cut aways that I noticed. It is depressing, ONLY if we could shoot the ball. The only team that has a worse three point percentage than us is the Russian WOMEN'S team. :(

maybe we can just let the woman play the rest of the games :D I've heard of some of them :p

Suppose it was live. I just check yahoo to see who won, and occasionally for a good laugh. I do watch the woman's beach volleyball though, very nice :D

However, If I want to watch the real "dream team" play soccer I have to watch it in spanish on telemundo :confused:

OdiOdin said:
However, If I want to watch the real "dream team" play soccer I have to watch it in spanish on telemundo :confused:
the real dream team is the US women's softball. They have been so far ahead of the competition.

And before you make any cracks about them, check out the pictures of the pitcher...

peallen said:
Today's game was live. I didn't have any cut aways that I noticed. It is depressing, ONLY if we could shoot the ball. The only team that has a worse three point percentage than us is the Russian WOMEN'S team. :(
And that was an improvement; before the Lithuania game, the "Nightmare Team" was worse from downtown than ALL the other teams--women's OR men's. :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)