Comparison between StarChoice & ExpressVu

I have bev for one reason. My native language is spanish and bev has telelatino which is combined italian spanish. Not a lot compared with the us providers with over 30 spanish channels. starchoice has ignored a market of nearly 400.000 spanish speaking canadians by failing to carry telelatino. Seems like a poor business decision.

Sorry to fill you in but SC has Telelatino. As a matter of fact, SC owned by Shaw Communications and Telelatino owned by Corus Entertainment - both companies under control of the Shaw family. It is SC channel 800 @$1.99/month

rockhard said:
DTV has sucumbed to HD-lite and is same with BEV they are both compressing signal down to 1024x768 where my Rogers is giving the full bandwidth 1920x1080i and it does not do the subsim crap ...

Wow, how many wrong statements in one sentence.

1. Nobody compresses to 1024x768, there's no such standard TV resolution. It is a standard PC monitor resolution, and it's progressive.

2. DTV downrezzes 1920x1080i to 1280x1080i.

3. BEV does not downrez, it carries the HD channels as they are - i.e. 1920x1080i is 1920x1080i and 1280x720p is 1280x720p. It might compress them a bit more than Rogers though.

EV gave me a MUCH better picture!!

Well, after receiving my second DSR 530, I have given up! There is a LARGE amount of video noise on the standard def channels.

My 5900 has a MUCH better picture on the standard def channels.

I have tried everything! I even have the 530 connected though DVI now. The 5900 gives a better picture with s-video!

My Toronto CTV looks almost as good on standard def on EV as it does in HD on *C!!

I wish I had never gotten *C!! My choices are now to pay their early termination fee or just use them for one year and dump them....maybe, by then, EV will have the new E* HD DVR and will be selling equipment once again!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)