Comparison info?

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I'm on a work computer so they'll flip if I do too much searching on here for what I'm looking for, soooooo, easier to ask, hope you don't mind!
Dish just picked up my area for locals (finally)...it's the Utica, NY area. I currently have Direct and am happy with it except would like the locals. Is there a big comparison between the both? I mean, is one WAY better than the other, etc? I'm drawn by the free HD for life as well, seems like a great deal.
Here's the set up I'm looking at...will they allow it? I prefer not to have a dual tuner for two tv's. I want 2 hd dvr's for one tv on each. And a sd for one tv. Will they allow me to have 3 receiver's? We currently (with direct) have a dvr in the living room and have hooked our kitchen tv to run off of it (whatever is on in the living room is also on in the kitchen), can that still be done with a Dish receiver?
Also, I really like having the west coast "locals" to be able to watch shows later on in the evening that I didn't see earlier, etc. Can a person still order distant locals or are they stuck with their own locals if they choose them?
So, can anyone help me with a comparison? Would it be a big mistake to switch? Think Direct will be jumping on the locals in my area soon? Thanks for any help!!!!

DISH now has locals for the entire US. So if you want locals, DISH has them.

However if your a sports fan and want ESPN-U and 24 hour RSN's in HD then you want DIRECTV.

Not a sports fan. Do you think Direct will follow suit soon? Although like I said, the hd for life is a BIG pull. I'm doing a mock set up to see what it would cost me and I see if you want two HD receivers they give you a 612 and then a 622 then of course a standard for the other tv. I want separate receivers for each tv (3 altogether), when they come to hook up, will they stick with that? On the duals, can you still switch back and forth between shows and/or record? Can you record 2 shows at once and also 2 people watch on two separate tv's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts