Compatibility of DPPH 3 sat head with Dish 1000 arm

W6k

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 30, 2021
Fresno, ca
I have an old DISH 1000 strapped to my chimney with 110,119 and 129 working well into a 722. Dish menu system refers to it as a Dish 500 and It has 2 coax cables. I am upgrading to a Hopper 3. A DPH 42 I understand will make it compatable with the Hopper, but requires adding another coax. I also read that replacing the lnb with a DPPH will also work eliminating the switch and seems like a better solution. My question is, will the DPPH 3 sat head fit on my old Dish 1000 arm?

I have an old DISH 1000 strapped to my chimney with 110,119 and 129 working well into a 722. Dish menu system refers to it as a Dish 500 and It has 2 coax cables. I am upgrading to a Hopper 3. A DPH 42 I understand will make it compatable with the Hopper, but requires adding another coax. I also read that replacing the lnb with a DPPH will also work eliminating the switch and seems like a better solution. My question is, will the DPPH 3 sat head fit on my old Dish 1000 arm?
You would be better off getting a 1000.2 Dish, w/hybrid lnb a big 1000 dish has a different focal point than 1000.2 which a hybrid is made for. So it's not just the arm. Unless you have an old 1000.2 fish and not the 1000+ dish I think you're talking about with the 119/118 lnb. ? If it's just a 1000.2 dish the hybrid should just bolt on. If you buy the LNB new, it comes with an adapter bracket to bolt onto arm.

I have a single hopper 3 and one Joey. I have no plans to expand on that. Further reading to bring myself up to speed on this new stuff looks like i can use a solo node with my existing antenna DPP LNB and no power insertion reqirements necessary.Am I correct?
I the 129 sat will disappear in a week where will the new satellite be located and does this mean repointing?.

I have a single hopper 3 and one Joey. I have no plans to expand on that. Further reading to bring myself up to speed on this new stuff looks like i can use a solo node with my existing antenna DPP LNB and no power insertion reqirements necessary.Am I correct?
I the 129 sat will disappear in a week where will the new satellite be located and does this mean repointing?.
So, you have a Hopper 3 and a Joey. Are they working today or are you a new install? You do not use a solo node with a Hopper 3, it uses a Solo Hybrid Hub. If your LNB is not a Hybrid, you will require a 42 switch to introduce hybrid technology to your system. There is no new satellite. Everything that was on 129 has been moved to 110 and 119. There is no repoint necessary.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hopper3 requires dph lnd and a solo hub.

Will the sat location 118 (international channels) be obsolete if Dish decides to move them to main satellites or streaming exclusive in the future?

I heard international channels customers can still receive sat 118 on DPH system but a wing dish may be required lol. Unless you can put dish 1000+ hybrid LNB lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the sat location 118 (international channels) be obsolete if Dish decides to move them to main satellites or streaming exclusive in the future?

I heard international channels customers can still receive sat 118 on DPH system but a wing dish may be required lol. Unless you can put dish 1000+ hybrid LNB lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
International dishes require a 42 switch, not a wing dish

International dishes require a 42 switch, not a wing dish
That's good to here as things changed over time.

As I posted in:

I am on Western Arc. When I first had DISH installed with America's Top 250 package & JadeWorld (International Chinese Cantonese programming using 118) in November 17, 2012 with a Hopper 2000, it was a DISH 500+ antenna and DPP 500+ switch with 110/118/119 but no 129.

When I upgraded the Hopper 2000 to the Hopper 3 on February 7, 201 - they installed a new 1000.2 antenna for the 110/119/129 and also used my existing Dish 500+ as a wing dish for 118 but I have no idea how they are physically connected.

When I have a chance in the near future, I'll see what I actually have connected up there.

That's good to here as things changed over time.

As I posted in:

I am on Western Arc. When I first had DISH installed with America's Top 250 package & JadeWorld (International Chinese Cantonese programming using 118) in November 17, 2012 with a Hopper 2000, it was a DISH 500+ antenna and DPP 500+ switch with 110/118/119 but no 129.

When I upgraded the Hopper 2000 to the Hopper 3 on February 7, 201 - they installed a new 1000.2 antenna for the 110/119/129 and also used my existing Dish 500+ as a wing dish for 118 but I have no idea how they are physically connected.

When I have a chance in the near future, I'll see what I actually have connected up there.
That was the method before 42 switches. Your old DP500 - the one with one big camera eye-looking lens is connected to the input on the 1000.2 LNBF. they use the port out on the left side as that's the 118 "winged" into the 110/119/129 LNBF

That was the method before 42 switches. Your old DP500 - the one with one big camera eye-looking lens is connected to the input on the 1000.2 LNBF. they use the port out on the left side as that's the 118 "winged" into the 110/119/129 LNBF
Thanks, always something new to learn. When I looked at the Hopper 3 Diagnostics, the DISH screen shows the switch as Hybrid Triple WA.2. I remember charlesrshell asking about how international dishes were connected back in February 2016 when I got the Hopper 3 upgrade and read earlier today, he actually did his install in June 2017 which was almost 1.5 years later. For whatever reason, I kept thinking he would have had the Hopper 3 before I did. LOL. In any case, are there any advantages in the signal level between the method I am using compared to the newer 42 switch method?

Thanks, always something new to learn. When I looked at the Hopper 3 Diagnostics, the DISH screen shows the switch as Hybrid Triple WA.2. I remember charlesrshell asking about how international dishes were connected back in February 2016 when I got the Hopper 3 upgrade and read earlier today, he actually did his install in June 2017 which was almost 1.5 years later. For whatever reason, I kept thinking he would have had the Hopper 3 before I did. LOL. In any case, are there any advantages in the signal level between the method I am using compared to the newer 42 switch method?
Charles was waiting for the introduction of the 42 switch which was required to have 2 Hopper 3s.

To me, the advantage is not having that big old 1000+ Dish with a 1000.2 Dish on your roof and instead just a 1000+ Dish - which with 8 lags is a lot of roof penetration points. Now, without the 29, it's a much easier cabling job and over all has less fail points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts