Complete frustration with DISH and moving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wileadams

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Greenwood, Indiana
I just called DISH Network twice to get my service moved (previously, I have always installed my own systems). I am told that the free DISHMover program is actually $50 because I have three receivers (and one of them is the 921). I told them that I would only be taking the 921 with me as I have just had a breakup of my relationship of 12 years. They said that I must immediately deactivate the other two receivers in order to do the DISHMover free program even if I am just taking the one receiver. However, I do not want to do this because I am still at my old house and my mom is living there until we move next Friday. She is moving to one location and taking two receivers with her. I am taking the 921. We still want service on the two units.

I asked to talk with a supervisor 3 times and the guy said that no matter what it is going to be $50, refusing to let me talk with a supervisor. I do not want to wait until I move to request the DISH Mover program! What is so hard about scheduling an install through DISH Mover and then letting me not have the two receivers on the account when it is activated.

I work in a high volume call center and none of your reps would ever refuse to let a customer not talk to a supervisor when asked. :mad:

Very easy solution to this problem. Call dish back and tell them you want to cancel your service. The rep will ask you why and then after you explain it, they'll waive the $50.

Charlie has given strict orders to have customer retention (especially those with a high ARPU) a top priority.

$50

It is amazing how much time people spend to try and get out of paying fees. Just pay the $50. That is nothing compared to the time and effort required to move the dish.

winshawn said:
It is amazing how much time people spend to try and get out of paying fees. Just pay the $50. That is nothing compared to the time and effort required to move the dish.

Lay off. This isn't a F-cking political discussion. Some people have things called principles and refuse to yield to what they know isn't completely appropriate.

The free part isn't an issue. DMovers are free for 2 rcvrs, $50 for 3+. Standard.

The problem he is facing is that they told him to deactivate 2 rcvrs and he wants to keep them activated.

Wileadams, just call Dish back. Here's what you can do. Set up a Dishmover for 2 rcvrs, deactivate one so you can get your install for free. Once you are installed, reactivate your third rcvr, tell them you already have the proper equipment. (your workorder will be built for a quad anyway since you have a 921 and a 3rd tuner. the forth line would, in their eyes, just look like you ran another wire)

It'll be a little inconvienient for your mother while she has one rcvr deactivated. If you own the equipmwnt there will be no problems. If you lease it, they'll require you to send the rcvr back. Have them ship their boxes to you, you have up to 60 days to return them. As long as you "change your mind" within those 60 days and get installed everything is fine.

Or you can just pay the $50 for a 3 rcvr dish mover, leave the two rcvrs on your account for your mother, and be done with it. The installer won't care. Just don't mention that you're leaving the rcvrs in a second location, Dish will make you open a second account.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to just pay the $50. It is the inability of dish customer support to handle situations like this that is most frustrating. You tell them they are only moving 1 receiver, when they show up to move, they should only move 1 receiver. It should not matter if there are 3 active.

marko said:
Yeah, I wouldn't want to just pay the $50. It is the inability of dish customer support to handle situations like this that is most frustrating. You tell them they are only moving 1 receiver, when they show up to move, they should only move 1 receiver. It should not matter if there are 3 active.

My problem is that the additional receivers mean more money for them. Why not hook them up for free? It's only one additional...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)