Complete Signal Loss - Check Switch Says Less Satellites Detected

Recently had the same issue - was bad LNB. Tech changed out & replaced external connections to be on the safe side, problem solved.

You had the same issue as in you were only receiving half of the transponders? Were all of your LNBs bad, or just one? I just find it hard to believe that all of a sudden both the 119/118 and 110 LNB went bad.

Have the tech bring another 222 if you are losing half the transponders on each satellite when bypassing the switch the receiver is at fault.

This is what I am thinking as well, but wouldn't both tuners have to go bad, since I see the same behavior with both tuner 1 and 2? Just seems kind of odd that they both would fail simultaneously.

I understand that the frequencies are stacked, but that doesn't explain why half of the transponders show no signal. As I have said, I am bypassing the switch and I am getting half of the transponders, so the switch is not even part of the equation. If I do go through the switch I do not get any signal at all.
As said in previous post replace receiver.

As said in previous post replace receiver.

Is this a common issue that people have had? The receiver is only 3 years old. What would cause the receiver to only see half of the transponders?

I understand that the frequencies are stacked, but that doesn't explain why half of the transponders show no signal. As I have said, I am bypassing the switch and I am getting half of the transponders, so the switch is not even part of the equation. If I do go through the switch I do not get any signal at all.
Sounds like the 222. Just curious why do you not have sat 129 for most of the HD?

Another update...after checking the channel/transponder lists, I've determined that I am not getting any Left transponders on either satellite when connected directly from the LNB to the receiver. I find it kind of hard to believe that both LNBs have gone bad at the same time. Not sure what else it could be except the receiver?
Did you re-run the check switch after you removed the DPP33 from the circuit? Remember that at last check the receiver thought you had a legacy dish.

You had the same issue as in you were only receiving half of the transponders? Were all of your LNBs bad, or just one? I just find it hard to believe that all of a sudden both the 119/118 and 110 LNB went bad.
I'm not sure. I completely lost 1 satellite and others were intermittently low. The tech seemed to think it was a combination of an LNB gone bad and water after several rainy days corrupting the connections at the node which was vertically mounted inviting as much. I had noticed that signal strength slowly climbed during the day after all precipitation ceased & things began to dry out. New cabling & connections to the node and new LNB module fixed everything. FWIW, the thin, plastic covers on the original LNB set was so deteriorated they crumbled with a touch - the replacement seemed thicker plastic & more substantial.

Because the lnb is bad

Well I could see if this was happening on one of the LNBs, but is it really likely that both LNBs are going to fail at the same time? I suppose anything is possible, but that just seems unlikely.

Sounds like the 222. Just curious why do you not have sat 129 for most of the HD?

I really only use this system to watch the horse races on 118. There is no dish specific for just 118, so I would up with the "1000+ dish" that gets 110, 118 and 119. Thankfully it isnt my primary television source, so I can take time to hopefully figure out what is wrong and fix it.

Did you re-run the check switch after you removed the DPP33 from the circuit? Remember that at last check the receiver thought you had a legacy dish.

Thank You!! This was it. I did not run a check switch, figuring since no switch was connected it was not necessary. However, I wasn't thinking that it actually has to configure for the switch inside the LNB and not just an external switch. As soon as I ran the check switch all transponders showed up from each satellite when hooked directly to the receiver which pretty much eliminated everything from being the problem but the switch as I had originally thought. I will order a new switch and I think that should solve the problem.

have you tried any of the other outputs of the switch?

also, the new style 118 lnb looks to be cheaper than a new 33 switch

I really only use this system to watch the horse races on 118. There is no dish specific for just 118, so I would up with the "1000+ dish" that gets 110, 118 and 119. Thankfully it isnt my primary television source, so I can take time to hopefully figure out what is wrong and fix it.

To prevent confusion, if your dish setup doesn't include a "Sidecar" DP single lnbf for the 129 bird, it's technically a 500+ dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)