Picking up satellites 61.5 & 77, but not 72.7

OddJobb

Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Greenville, SC
I recently had to re-align my DISH 1000.4 due to signal loss on HD channels. I did this today and after doing so I got signal increases on 61.5 (10 to 35) & 77 (30 to 52), but now I have NO signal from 72.7. All switches check out and nothing other than the dish was touched. Shouldn't I get at least something due to the proximity to 77?

First guess you are skewed a little too low. Also do you need 77 for anything?

Second guess is you have the wrong sats, coming in on the wrong lnbs... So your dish needs to be moved slightly to East or West depending on which sat is going to which lnb.

That is odd that you wouldn't have 72.7 if you have 61.5 and 77 especially since 72.7 is in the middle. You could try disconnecting the receiver, run a check switch to clear the matrix, save the results, and reconnect the cable back to the receiver and run another check switch.

Reactions: primestar31
What you need to do is wrap alum foil over the 61.5 LNB and the 77 LNB and Aim the 72 or center LNB until you get that satellite. Then remove the foil and do your switch check

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: TheKrell
there is a chance the lnb is bad
we have been seeing a lot of older 1000.4 lnbs where the white plastic cover on the 72.7 lnb becomes brittle, cracks, and fills with water

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)