Completely lost my signal

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Just got a 522 installed in my home a couple days ago. Everything was working fine until today. I turn my receiver on this morning and the stupid thing can't find the signal. I mean I go to check switch and all that comes up is X's. Called dish asked me stupid questions about trees blocking the dish and stuff and I said it was working last night and we didn't have any storms. He had me reset the dish. Had me do check switch nothing worked. Said he would send a guy tuesday. I was just wondering if anyone have any idea of what happened? Could it be the LNB? I have a dish 500 and a dual lnb. The two dish wires are coming into the house separetely and plugging directly into the receiver. I don't think it's the receiver and neither does the guy I talked to.

First, you have a TWIN LNBF, NOT a Dual. A dual is a single bird, double-output unit that would NOT be used on a new install of a Dish500.

Go to Check Switch and see if it shows "DP Twin" above the matrix.

ANyway, I agree - it would be much rarer to lose both tuners in the 522 than for a new LNBF to fail.

Did you reset the receiver? Unplug the power or hold down the power button for a few seconds to reset it. The problem might be something else but resetting the receiver might get you back in business 'til the tech. shows on Tuesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)