component output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Does the Hopper have both component and HDMI outputs and are they both live? If so, can the component output be split to feed two tvs? I need to run 1 main tvs and 2 very seldom used tvs off 1 receiver. How about the Joeys?

Does the Hopper have both component and HDMI outputs and are they both live? If so, can the component output be split to feed two tvs? I need to run 1 main tvs and 2 very seldom used tvs off 1 receiver. How about the Joeys?
Better to split HDMI than component. Are the other two TVs HD?

Don't forget about HDCP. I believe HBO does not currently work with the Component output, while many others will join them in the near future. I think it's a BS thing to do. But, it will apparently be done, never the less.

Hbo and Cinemax now have HDCP enforcement and that only really affects people using HDMI with non compliant TVs. HBO, MAX and PPV/VOD work with component cables just fine. In fact, that is what a CSR will tell you to use if HDMI is displaying an HDCP message because more than likely the TV is not HDCP compliant and HDCP is not transferred over component.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)